BOX1

P700 Honda Factory Winch mount

BobsPioneer

BobsPioneer

Sep 28, 2015
Hate to beat a dead horse but wanted to tell BigC thank you for the help on building the most solid mount possible. I too am very skeptical on the mounts attached to the bumper because it is just thin wall junk.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    173.8 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Re: Winch mount

I might be switching topic gears here but I have to ask..... Can any winch take synthetic rope? Seems to me that it's the logical way to go.

You really need to change the roller fairlead to a stationary. I had heard that, but I thought the roller was better. It cost me a synth. cable.

But, any winch will take the synthetic cable/rope.

BobsPioneer

BobsPioneer

Sep 28, 2015
That's odd I've always used a roller fairlead and syn rope on the past 5winches over the years but I don't winch at extreme angles either 90% or better is straight on.

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
ive never used a hawse fairlead either ive always used rollers never had a problem at all

Reactions: BobsPioneer
BobsPioneer

BobsPioneer

Sep 28, 2015
Maybe winching technique is different? I even went two seasons plowing and never have broke one

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Maybe winching technique is different? I even went two seasons plowing and never have broke one

The synthetic rope is thinner and softer (more pliable). It can contort itself into the corner. Mine managed to get up in the corner, between the rollers, when pulling very light at an up angle. When I bought the new cable the Warn dealer says "You are supposed to use the stationary fairlead with the synthetics". So that's what I did/do.

That's all I know about that. (spoken in my best Forrest Gump impression)

d_b

d_b

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 24, 2015
Utah
I'm on the fence with this mod on my pioneer, once the cable gets a nick then I'll try a rope...lol

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm on the fence with this mod on my pioneer, once the cable gets a nick then I'll try a rope...lol

The winch on my 700 was my first synth cable, I was wary of it at first but the more I used it the more I liked it.

No frays to cut your hands on, no risk of injury if it snaps, no rust, no tools if it does snap just knot it temporarily to get unstuck then you can fix it right when you get home. Synth is WAY better.

BobsPioneer

BobsPioneer

Sep 28, 2015
I'm a flat lander in Oklahoma so not much worry about angles lol

BobsPioneer

BobsPioneer

Sep 28, 2015
But, I will say I have never broke a syn cable yet ::::::knock on wood::::::::

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!