BOX1

Yoshimura exhaust

wyo700

wyo700

Lifetime Member
Sep 26, 2013
Put on the yosh exhaust last night. With the air filter and the exhaust together their is a difference in power. It's much more snappy and throttle response is better. But with all of that that yosh pipe is quite a bit louder than expected. I'm not saying I dont like it because it sounds mean at wide open throttle and is deep and throaty sounding at idle. It will take some getting used to. I don't think the wife is going to be impressed when she is in the cab.

A

atv

Feb 13, 2013
Ownership

1. Big Red
Sound has always been why I hate aftermarket mufflers. It's like a catch 22. Can't have both. Power from a performance muff and quite like Ome.

Simpleman

Simpleman

Nov 19, 2014
Yuba City, California
The HMF exhaust I feel is a perfect balance of power and sound. I'm a hunter and didn't want a loud system. The HMF is a little louder than stock but not offensive. I installed the Swamp series. Not the XL..... So far I'm very satisfied with the system.

wyo700

wyo700

Lifetime Member
Sep 26, 2013
Kinda wishing i would have gone with the HMF but how was suppose to know the yosh was gonna be that much louder. And yosh is typically a quieter pipe. Not gonna be able to return it at this point. Could always try and sell it. I did call my dealer where I purchased and asked him to see if there was a different insert I can put in for the noise.

Simpleman

Simpleman

Nov 19, 2014
Yuba City, California
Sorry about the disappointment. Hopfully there is a quieter insert for sure. If mama ain't happy NOBODY is happy...... I'm glad you saw a power increase and response from the system though. My next upgrade will be radial tires when the oem ones wear out. Less rolling resistance and a better footprint with radial verses bias ply tires! Looking at the Rocktane tires.... I want a do it all tire and I don't do "mudding" so I feel these will fit the bill. The only other tire that caught my eye was the Maxxis Big Horn. Oh well that is still a ways off... 50-60% tread left at 1,000 mi.

wyo700

wyo700

Lifetime Member
Sep 26, 2013
I have gone out for a couple more quick rides and I think I'm starting to get more used to it. I will say it does sound mean now. I did call yosh yesterday and the only other insert they make will actually make it louder. Oh well mama didn't mind it revved up in the garage but it does sound different under load. Her main concern was the little man. But their is always ear plugs or ears muffs for him. It will all work out.

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
I put some stainless steel fine mesh screen over the exhaust outlet on mine (in addition to the spark suppressor) and muted the velocity of the escaping gas decreasing the sound in half with no decrease in power on my Yosh....

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
I get some pics of the stainless steel sink drain screens on the exhaust outlet tomorrow to post...

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
Here's a pic of the stainless steel sink drains I put over the outlet to mute the gas speed and the sound to acceptable levels, just drill two one inch deep 1/8"holes in perimeter and use aluminum self tapping screws through the screen to hold them in, I have three of them on there to make it where I want it sound wise:

Tailpipe

wyo700

wyo700

Lifetime Member
Sep 26, 2013
Very interesting thanks for sharing. I am gonna do this once I can get to the store

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
It works great a muzzles down the bark, but still flows great, have three screens on there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
The noise does take a bit of getting used to. It helps a lot if you only floor it when you need the power, at lower rpm its not too bad. What air intake did you use? That's the next mod I'd like to do but I don't know which is best. Any thoughts?

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
I put a K&N filter on.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Do you feel like the k&n made a noticeable difference? Would you recommend?

wyo700

wyo700

Lifetime Member
Sep 26, 2013
I would recommended with the pipe. Also get the pre filter that goes with it. Lot of people will you don't get one. I have put one on every machine and vehicle I have ever owned and never had a problem.

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
The K&N is a nice improvement with the prefilter, was not as dirty as I expected it would be after 500 miles at oil change.

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
I got mine on Amazon with the prefilter.

wyo700

wyo700

Lifetime Member
Sep 26, 2013
Went and did a test on a steep hill today that I have gone up many times. Before the k&n and the pipe I could go up the hill and hold 5 mph. Today I went up and was able to hold 10 mph and the engine did not sound like it was bogging down at all. Still need to quiet the pipe a little but can now definitely tell I got more power.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!