cheep fixes for ratting doors and bed

W

wvrider

Jul 19, 2014
Does anybody doors and bed rattles except mine? If so here is a low cost fix. For the bed look were it latches and then cut a piece of fuel line 5/16 or so and put it around the latch strike and then zip tie it together then put a little grease on it. and for the doors just wrap the strike plate with black tape and grease it too yea this will wear out but what a difference it makes I hate rattles. You can adjust the door stops but that did not help mine.

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
White lithium spray grease works great!

Lynn

Lynn

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Yakima,WA
Just screw the rubber bumper on the door from in or out to adjust, that's what there for. Also the bed latch is adjustable. just loosen the bolts and move the latch closer or farther away.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Keep in mind the door is a dual lock latch. So make sure it is closed all the way and in the second catch point. If not it will give you lots of rattle.

L

longbeards

Feb 25, 2014
THANKS<<<I HATE THE RATTLE I AM GETTING IN THE BED!! I WILL TRY THAT TODAY!! ON the doors check to see that the bolt holding the lock is not coming losse,,it has on both of my doors! Saw you are from WV,,I am from Hardy County! longbeards

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!