Broke front cv/joint axle

K

kurtlamoreau

Oct 29, 2014
Does anyone know of an aftermarket axle that bolts in to the front. my 2014 was popping bad. I took it to the dealer under warranty with perfect boots. They said mud got in through a pin hole and Honda would not warranty it. I do some good mudding but have stock suspension and tires. Either way I do not want to spend $400 plus and go back to stock. Any help is appreciated.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
kurtlamoreau,
Welcome to the community. Sorry a problem has brought you here but you are at the right place to find a quick answer.

I'm sorry, But there is not currently not a aftermarket source for Pioneer axles. However there are a few companies that you may can contact and they can rebuild it. It may require you to send your axle to them for a bit so they can build one to match.

Cobra ATV Axles may be the cheapest bet.
Give them a call - (832) 788-8237 - don't have a exact price but mention they quoted $300 on there FB page.

Gorilla Axles has yet to respond to my request.

You can also try http://www.cvrestoration.com/

If you get an answer please update and let us know.

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
is the joint for sure broke or is the grease all gone out of it and making the popping noise pull the axle out and take the joint apart and see what it looks like might be able to get a new boot and repack with grease and be on your way

K

kurtlamoreau

Oct 29, 2014
It is broke. I pulled it and the joint that holds the bearings is shattered. I was going to rebuild it but when trying to pressit off the shaft it would not budge. I put it in a 12 ton press and it is pretty stuck. I did contact Gorilla and a couple other manufactures but not the ones sugessted above. I will try thoes and let yall know. thanks for the help.

red4life

red4life

Aug 13, 2013
Did you ever find a solution? I broke my front axle at 1300mi as well as my friend at 80 miles. His was covered under warranty mine was not. I purchased oem axle (which was on a 2 month backorder) for $135 and did the work myself.

HondaTim

HondaTim

Feb 8, 2014
What kind of tires are you running?

red4life

red4life

Aug 13, 2013
Oem. There was a 2 month backorder. Not sure if they are caught up yet. I get my oem parts from partsfish.com. can't beat the prices, no tax and free shipping.

K

kurtlamoreau

Oct 29, 2014
I have stock tires, I have not found aftermarket and most people wont return my calls and emails at customer axle shops. After this next paycheck I am ordering one from Honda.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
kurtlamoreau said:
I have stock tires, I have not found aftermarket and most people wont return my calls and emails at customer axle shops. After this next paycheck I am ordering one from Honda.
Thanks for the follow up.
Does sound like OEM may be the fastest way for now.
I will see if I can get a response on the post I seen a while back.

W

Westtnpioneer

Edjumacated
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2013
West Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I found that the only ones willing to make one right now is cobra. I have never used them but i have heard great things. Which joint did you bust ? I have a new front right halfsaft in my shop from Honda. I had to play musical shafts to get one but thats a long story that would probably get me banned from this site.

K

KEGLEG

Dec 2, 2014
You will be satisfied with cobra. It's a hole in the wall place but a lot of folks around houston use their axles.

pipefighter577

pipefighter577

Nov 20, 2013
Ohio
Broke my front right outer CV Sunday. I only have about 250 miles on mine but the warranty just ran out...figures huh? It was kind of my fault because I was stuck on a tree stump and I let the wheel spin all the way to full lock while in reverse with the front diff locked hoping it would catch and spin me off the stump. The outer CV comes separate anyway for about $100.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Pipe. Have you ordered a replacement yet? Wondering if it's on BO or not.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
pipefighter577 said:
Broke my front right outer CV Sunday. I only have about 250 miles on mine but the warranty just ran out...figures huh? It was kind of my fault because I was stuck on a tree stump and I let the wheel spin all the way to full lock while in reverse with the front diff locked hoping it would catch and spin me off the stump. The outer CV comes separate anyway for about $100.

Found whole axel online, showing instock, https://www.Cheapcycleparts.com where I got my cab bits.

Attachments

• Axel.tiff
    376.2 KB · Views: 417
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Whole axle???. I only seen 1/2 shafts. U got part #'s

Hummm... Not sure why a .tiff file want show.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ahh was searching on my phone didn't notice it didn't include the inboard joint.

In that case the right half shaft is $159 P/N 44250-HL3-A02

K

kurtlamoreau

Oct 29, 2014
Gorilla just quoted me $525 for one side complete axle but they need my one one first for a model.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I've been emailing super atv and they keep telling me they will have rhino axles "very soon" for the pioneer. The first time I emailed them they said they would have them on the website in a week.....but that was maybe two months ago! Either way hopefully they are available SOON! Rhino axles for big red are only around $200 each so hopefully the pioneer axles are in that price range. Maybe if enough of us email super atv about pioneer axles they will see its a higher priority and hurry up!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!