Radical Modifications....

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
Hey Folks, it's been a while since I've been around, loaded down with work, family and the deer season. Sorry for my absence.

Wanted to put out it here that for some time, I've been researching different lift kits but have been concerned about front tire clearances on the aft side of larger tires contacting the fender wall. Many companies offer arched A Arms for Can Am and Polaris, but not for our Honda's.

That's about to change guys!

Got off the phone with Scott at StateLine Customs. In early March I'd delivering my 700/4 to them for becoming the prototype model of aftermarket A Arms and what ever other advanced items they can fabricate to the machine. Don't know what the end result will be, but I'm thinking A-Arms, different shocks, larger tires and wheels, perhaps heavier axles. Time will tell as they'll have the machine for over a few months.

I've asked permission and was granted that I could release this information here on the forum, so let's see where all of this goes.

Fingers crossed!

duwops

duwops

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2013
I guess anything to enhance the overall experience is worth it. Who knows some good product may be coming.

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
Just looking for more ground clearances. More than once I've had to winch out of deep ruts from being high centered. Other machines with lager tires keep chewing the ruts deeper, where they grab my skid plate and leave me stranded.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
That would be good. There was another company that built a one off. It looked good but a bit too tall for my needs.
Hopefully more mods will hit soon.

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
Yes, I checked with that company (Performance something) and was told that they didn't make a jig for the parts the fabricated. Even worse, they didn't seem to care about doing it again.
I'm not about putting 30" tires on the machine, just going with 27 or 28's and moving the wheels forward and away from the wheel well. No shock brackets needed then.

Beacheagle70

Beacheagle70

Lifetime Member
Has anyone tried putting air shocks, that can be raised or lowered as needed. I seem to remember adding them to an old jeep we used on the beach, the had air valves on them to raise them. I wonder what the LA low riders use.......just a thought.

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
I would love some 2" over a arms with stronger axles. I am looking for more wheel travel and a little wider stance.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Arched a-arms would great, possibly extended as well to increase travel? Yes sign me up in a heartbeat!!! Let us know what you hear, this is what Ive been waiting for!

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
Planning on hauling my Pioneer to SLC on or after the 11th. Need to call them to work out the details but they'll likely have it for a few months.

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
Whoa........new revelation here!
Got a tidbit of information today. Needless to say, I'm holding off on putting any new money into my P4.

Reason being, something bigger is coming.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well that's disappointing! Hopefully slc can get another one

dubsdime00

dubsdime00

Jan 11, 2015
any info yet Big River, I'm looking to get some myself forward arched a arms

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!