Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Here is my diagram on the reverse override.
This method makes it hardwired in so it is ALWAYS ON.
Please understand the safety risks in allowing untrained individuals to drive your rig.
**** The following is to show proof of concept and should not be used by anyone at all.

The following side effects take place:
- Reverse light will no longer come on.
- Display will read (Drive) when in reverse.
- You will have full speed in reverse.

Questions? Ask!

Reverse Override Gps

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Thanks for the info on how to do this.Guess this will be next on my list to do hopefully I can do the mod with using a switch so that way I can use the reverse in the normal way and when stuck and need that little extra speed I can switch it over for some speedier speed LOL.

duwops

duwops

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2013
I'm new to this market, so if I sound dumb it is because I am. Why would I need to do this. Not that I'm going to just wonder what would be the benefits?

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
duwops said:
I'm new to this market, so if I sound dumb it is because I am. Why would I need to do this. Not that I'm going to just wonder what would be the benefits?
I've been stuck a couple of times this winter in the snow and when you step on it to try and back out of a spot that your stuck in the rev limiter keeps you from getting any wheel spin or speed to back up.It's the same in mud etc: At times it would be nice to beable to giver in Reverse.

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
this mod is a must for plowing. once you get going backwards it shifts into second and the motor is just idling as your backing up.
and yes you will get stuck in the snow with out it.
I did mine with a switch so I could have it either way. I turned on and have never touched it again. always on. if some one wants a diagram with a switch I think I still have it. let me know

S

sksshooter

Oct 24, 2013
so does anyone have a picture of where these wires/indicator is located and or looks like?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Here is the wire. Located by passenger tire.

Attachments

• gps.jpg
    gps.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 2,779
S

sksshooter

Oct 24, 2013
thanks hondasxs that is exactly what I needed.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
I haven't found a need for this yet. But with this info, I could see myself doing it in a snow drift! LOL!

S

sksshooter

Oct 24, 2013
I did mine before our last ride and it was a nice feature to have. I wired in a 3 way switch so I can have it in normal mode and then when I need to get the wheels spinning faster in reverse I just flip the switch and I have the full range of gears/speed. I soldered all of the wired connections and then re-taped them all up ran the switch up just beside the shifter and soldered the wires to the switch also.

J

justbarriault

Jul 21, 2014
So you're saying that this will use multiple gears in reverse? I never suspected that!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Haha 45 in reverse sounds like a quick way to check the strength of the ROPS.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Yep. You have to be responsible with it. Reverse is lower then forward. It will do about 36 in reverse.

The object is to allow a higher speed in reverse so you can have the momentum to get out of a mud hole.

jimk

jimk

Feb 19, 2014
Does anyone have a video doing 35 in reverse? Not sure I would want to be the first to do that. But, I sure wouldn't mind watching. I'll even hold your beer while you do it. :)

Reactions: bobbyhill
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Challenge accepted.. hold my beer... hahaha. J/K.... Lol.

The purpose is for wheel spin to back out a mud hole and what not, as it is impossible to back out with any speed from factory.
It should not be used otherwise.

HondaTim

HondaTim

Feb 8, 2014
I notice you said no reverse light ... say you have a light bar ... is there a way to still be able to have the light bar come on when put in reverse with this mod?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
That's a good question.

NO, I don't think it will. Haven't thought about that since I haven't installed a R light yet.

The wire works on a ground. When you cut the wire and tie it into the D line then the R line going to the computer will NEVER be grounded and the line going back to the sensor will ALWAYS be grounded in both D and R.

Installing a 3 post, on/on switch, to control the reverse override may allow it to work only when it is switched to override OFF. But want work when override ON.

Maybe there is another way! Anyone?

Reactions: 70Bones

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!