Squealing sound after sitting overnight

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Not sure if anybody else has this issue but when I leave my Pioneer overnight and go to use it the next day there's a squealing sound coming from it as soon as I start moving. Now I've had this noise since this spring and just assumed it was from the e brake pads. I never used the e-brake unless I haul the Pioneer on the trailer.Once I drive it about 100 to 200 feet the noise stops and I never hear it untill I leave it overnight and go to use it again. I've jacked the rear up and put it in gear while its running but of course can't hear the noise then.If I turn the rear wheels by hand [engine off] I can hear a slight squeal coming from the brakes. So just wondering if anyone else has had this happen on there Pioneer.

Dick

Dick

Dec 29, 2013
N.B. Canada
I noticed a little squeal when I first take off but it is not very loud. I just figured it was the rotors drying off because it is always wet when I put it away.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
I kinda figured it must be the back brake.I had pulled it off and turned the rear wheels by hand and there was no noise.When I put the back brake caliper and pads back on there was that slight squeal. So I figured I'd ask if anyone else has this noise after letting it sit overnight.

Lynn

Lynn

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Yakima,WA
I live in a very dry climate and have only heard that a few times if it was a fogy or rainy night. It's from a thin coat of rust developing on the rotor's or brake drum and goes away very quickly when you use your brakes. It's nothing to worry about and quite normal.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!