BOX1

rough ride 700 4

C

copperhorse

Jul 15, 2014
I don't know if it is because I had a rzr 4 seater or not but I Think the ride in this is very rough. I had a neck ache when I was back at camp. Is there anyway to add some shocks? I dont so much care about the power difference it has but I need a smoother ride. I will be trying to fiqure out a way to put a better headrest on it too. Any suggestions? Thanks

Reactions: crosby
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey. Welcome to the community.
Check out this post viewtopic.php?t=1398
Sky said the shocks are a world of difference.
I would say its the difference between the two. Going from a pure sport to a utility. Most rzr's come with a nice set of shocks and nice bucket seats also. I seen a Pioneer with bucket seats but can't track it down to find more info.

fishin2Dmax

fishin2Dmax

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2013
Utah
Whoa....My experience is just the opposite. My RZR left me with a strained neck and made me feel like a truck ran over me after a long hard ride. Granted, in the RZR, I went a lot faster and did some really crazy stuff that I would never dream of doing in the Pioneer. My RZR-S was set-up for pure sport, whereas, the Pioneer is more utility. I find the Pioneers ride to be much softer. I agree the Pioneer needs shocks, but to stiffen it up a bit and not let the front bottom out.

Y

Yooper

Sep 17, 2013
This sounds a bit nuts but it worked for me: My back and neck got sore on long rides and I thought it was the angle of the seats, I turned the seat back upside down and re-installed, for me, problem fixed.

Dick

Dick

Dec 29, 2013
N.B. Canada
Yooper said:
This sounds a bit nuts but it worked for me: My back and neck got sore on long rides and I thought it was the angle of the seats, I turned the seat back upside down and re-installed, for me, problem fixed.

Who said ingenuity was dead... you just added adjustable lumbar to the HondaSXS community. Good thinking!

Personnally I prefer the agressive lumbar the Pioneer has because of a back operation.

W

wvrider

Jul 19, 2014
Have you checked the tire pressure I thought mine road rough then I lowered the tire pressure to 10 in front and 12 in back it made a big difference the factory setting was way to much I think I am going to go even lower maybe 8 in front and 10 in rear. what are everyone else using?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ya, 12 feels way too much.
I run about the same. 8f , 10r.

wyo700

wyo700

Lifetime Member
Sep 26, 2013
I run 6 psi all the way around rides great.

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
I shimmed the top of the seat at the mounts. fixed back problem. finally put on fox shocks a couple of weeks ago. rides much better. find my self going twice as fast. wife doesn't like that. but the shocks are worth every penny.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
spifyd said:
I shimmed the top of the seat at the mounts. fixed back problem. finally put on fox shocks a couple of weeks ago. rides much better. find my self going twice as fast. wife doesn't like that. but the shocks are worth every penny.
Thought about this too. Feels like the hump is in the wrong spot for me. Someone else said turn the seat upsides down and it feels much better.
I need to move shocks up in my accessories priority list. Lol.

C

crosby

Sep 8, 2018
Cincinnati
Ownership

1. 700-2
What size pioneer do you have and what was is the info on the Fox shocks

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!