100 mile service

C

cjm

May 13, 2015
It's time for my 100 mile service but my dealer is about 2 weeks behind. Will it hurt to keep riding my sxs or do I need to just wait ?? Thanks

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
why not just do the service yourself its really simple and will save you money

Reactions: bobbyhill
C

cjm

May 13, 2015
I wish I could but I'm not very mechanically inclined. Lol

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you go past and something happens, in all likelihood the dealer will blame the lack of service.

Just get the fluids and filters from them and do it yourself. Only thing that really takes any effort is the valve adjustment.

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
If you have a friend that has some mechanical ability ask him to help you, I think you will find it is much easier than you think.

Reactions: ohanacreek
O

OutdoorEd

Apr 25, 2015
It would be very handy to have a video or step by step instructions for valve adjustment here......somewhere. I would like to do the maintenance myself too, but lack the experience.

Reactions: Hondasxs
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Anybody want to accept @OutdoorEd 's challenge of building a valve adjustment guide. Really, just need good, clear, pictures of each step. Then we can put the how-to together.
Placing a free HondaSxS tee shirt as a reward bounty!
Bounty is set on both the P700 and P500!

I'm at 800 miles and haven't done mine yet Don't plan too anytime soon as they sound great right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: OutdoorEd
bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I don't know how to link threads BUT this thread may help Access hatch for adjusting valves.

Reactions: OutdoorEd
Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I wrote up a brief guide and posted it last night on how to do the valves for the P500. One of these evening I will also do one on installing the power steering in the P500.
I hope that these kind of posts help someone decide if they want to do the work themselves. Neither is a "bad" job, the PS is very straight forward, the valves are a bit of a pain due to the placement of things but generally rather easy mechanically.
Hope it helps.

gwoodsy

gwoodsy

May 2, 2015
Just did my 100 mile service today. I wish I would of taken pictures; now, that I read some are looking for help. There's nothing too difficult with checking the valves after you get to them. To find TDC, I just turned the crank clockwise until the intake valves opened; then turned the crank 180 degrees from when they opened to find TDC on the compression stroke. This seemed like the easiest way to find TDC. BTW the valves were right on no need for adjustment. For tools just a feeler gauge and metric tools, you do need a 24mm socket or wrench to get the access cover off to turn the crank.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Yes @Code54 did a great job on the guide. And @gwoodsy the community is always looking for good how-to's and willing to give a free tee shirt to those acceptable in length and detail. Message me if u have a idea!
Thanks.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!