TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
OK, If anyone that was at Windrock this year and got damage to their Pioneer, Post those pictures. P3300304 zpsoe80ih2cP3300303 zpsdm1z11vu
OK, Honda I need a replacement side rail.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My eBay exhaust tip broke off. Does that count?

Thanks for the loan of the Rincon spark arrestor HondaSxs.

RunningBear

RunningBear

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'll try to get some pics up in the next few days, but damage includes:

1. Damaged siderails, like TandT

2. Dented frame at the very back where the rear skid attaches to the square tubing on the right side. The skid bolt got pushed back and the tubing bent rather than the bolt bending or shearing. I think this will straighten fairly easily.

3. A few skid plate bolts got sheared, including the bolts at the very bottom of the metal bumper plate, where it meets the front end of the skid. I'll get plenty of use out of my screw extractor set this weekend.

4. The OEM skid plate got mangled in a few places.

I think that's it - all due to low ground clearance and an inadequate skid plate. I have already ordered the skid plate from Red Mountain Products and am trying to decide between the High Lifter Adjustable Lift Kit or the Strong Made kit. I'm not going to worry about the dented side rails. The new skid will hide most of it and help prevent further damage. I have no complaints about the traction/performance of the OEM tires, but taller ones are on the list when these get some more wear on them.

Reactions: pauln286
TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
RunningBear, I'm the same as you. All is on or getting ordered before next trip out. I'm thinking i am going to straighten the side rails and cap them before installing the new skid plate.

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
Afa88de1a6f88ce7ac8024cf98e5784d some how I cracked the plastic on driver side rear step area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
TandT I got one side rail bent a little. I'm thinking about putting a solid metal rod down in rail full length and then welding the hole closed. It will make it solid and strong.

Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
Wow, they really took a beating. I guess i was lucky, only bent the center plastic skid plate where i must have rolled over a boulder. It bent up a couple of the mounting washers but thats it. There is no support above the skid plate where it meets the metal one so it gets pushed in very easy.
It did take me about an hour to wash most of the mud off. I think some of it will be there forever!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I just got mine clean today. I will submit a full inspection this weekend.
I took some damage to the right running bar even with a skid.
Busted a prototype set of a-arm guards.
Busted my front right fender
Got a dent in the rear top ROPS, somehow.
And pinched a tire.

I tried to insure the entire route was able to be completed by a stock SxS. Friday, most of the day was spent scouting trail 16 and trail 22 was scouted back in January. Next year, I do think we will see about splitting the group into two levels. With the extreme group hitting some black trails where dents and dings will be part of the package.

Overall, I don't think it would have been fun without all the excitement we had on the trail. Its just part of being "off-road".

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hondasxs said:
I just got mine clean today. I will submit a full inspection this weekend.
I took some damage to the right running bar even with a skid.
Busted a prototype set of a-arm guards.
Busted my front right fender
Got a dent in the rear top ROPS, somehow.
And pinched a tire.

I tried to insure the entire route was able to be completed by a stock SxS. Friday, most of the day was spent scouting trail 16 and trail 22 was scouted back in January. Next year, I do think we will see about splitting the group into two levels. With the extreme group hitting some black trails where dents and dings will be part of the package.

Overall, I don't think it would have been fun without all the excitement we had on the trail. Its just part of being "off-road".

https://vimeo.com/124002116

https://vimeo.com/124002164

As shown above, you did take a black trail or two.
No one else used "body english" quite the way you did.

It was definitely fun, the challenge of completing some of the trails we took fueled my inner adrenalin junky.

Only here was I afraid of rolling over backwards.
03f1b3fe277085bbde20112a72ee0592

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
I still need to check underneath. I know my frt bumper bottom is dented up, But I am so glad we went, We had a Ball!! That 's is correct HondaSXS-That Its just part of being "off-road" and having FUN. Cool Pic ohanacreek.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I forgot about that black ATV trail around 16's end...
That doesn't look safe for my buddy there.
For the record, I did NOT ask him to do that!
Still a fun trail.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hondasxs said:
I forgot about that black ATV trail around 16's end...
That doesn't look safe for my buddy Tony there.
For the record, I did NOT ask him to do that!
Still a fun trail.

I should have clarified that he jumped on of his own accord.

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
Next year I'm going to be ready for them black trails. I'm probably going back before the next group ride tho. I'm going to pack up gear and go to the far reaches of the trail system. Camp on trails. I got all the gear from my years of backpacking. Just have to get my pioneer ready. I got to get a lift, tires, full skid, spare tire carrier, and I want the front basket rack from strong made to carry gear in front so the rear isn't loaded down so much or when I have people in back seats.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!