2015 Windrock damage

L

longbeards

Feb 25, 2014
I too have sheared skid plate screws in the Mts of West Virginia. But, if I might add, I put on a EMP aftermarket bumper and it gives the skidplate a boast so to speak,most of what I bottom out on is in the front, and the under carriage of the EMP bumper seems to get the bulk of it!! You can get one for the cost of the Rocky Mt skid plate, riding today! longbeards

Reactions: bobbyhill
Shanej

Shanej

Jun 28, 2015
I dented mine in the same spot down in Whetstone, I think i'm going to weld angle iron down the whole side rail to stiffen it up. The new rail are less than 200 a side to replace them. I put Fox Podiums and 26" Ripsaws on it and it made a huge difference on ground clearance.

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
1.5 pipe sliced in half fits right over the original rail. that or angle Irion would make new ones much stronger.

I volunteer to lead a girls night ride for the less brave or just the ones that don't want to treat there bike like a log skidder.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Looking at the pictures ,I see now why they are called the black trails, looks like they are probably covered with the black paint you guys left behind lol.

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Looking at the pictures ,I see now why they are called the black trails, looks like they are probably covered with the black paint you guys left behind lol.
Lmao yep!

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
1.5 pipe sliced in half fits right over the original rail. that or angle Irion would make new ones much stronger.

I volunteer to lead a girls night ride for the less brave or just the ones that don't want to treat there bike like a log skidder.
Where do I sign up for the girl list? :eek: lol

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!