Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I will say this to you. The front seat has never hurt our butts! We've gone on 8 hour rides all the time and always great. Some seats feel great till about an hour in when you realize your butt is numb. I've never heard one complaint from the many that have driven it. I don't even want buckets because we'd lose a seat and there is no reason. A fold down armrest but literally nothing else. Very cozy long trip

Sent from iPhone

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I will say this to you. The front seat has never hurt our butts! We've gone on 8 hour rides all the time and always great. Some seats feel great till about an hour in when you realize your butt is numb. I've never heard one complaint from the many that have driven it. I don't even want buckets because we'd lose a seat and there is no reason. A fold down armrest but literally nothing else. Very cozy long trip

Sent from iPhone

Yep. What he said

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Brentc

Brentc

May 8, 2016
SE AK
Yeah the seats are nice. I've ridden in a friends artic cat 700 hdx and the seats don't hold you in place. If you add the foxes to the pioneer it's as plush as a caddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I've never had any real complaints about the seats either. That being said, I am planning a bucket seat upgrade this winter. Those seats combined with the fox shocks ought to make my pioneer the smoothest one around!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I've never had any real complaints about the seats either. That being said, I am planning a bucket seat upgrade this winter. Those seats combined with the fox shocks ought to make my pioneer the smoothest one around!
Definitely miss the foxes!

Reactions: Tflynn
62straight

62straight

Dec 24, 2015
That's the same experience I had with the 700. The 2017 P700 will be the same since the gears haven't changed.

Sorry to hear about your tire. Plugs are not a bad thing at all. I carry plugs and compressor and plug tires a lot. However, I haven't punctured one of my 4ply bighorns yet. They stay on my pioneer while at home and usually get a good work out.

So if I understand correctly, even by adding paddles to 700, it won't b geared any lower then a 1000-5 with paddles with both in first gear? I will be using more low speeds working/hunting then high speed trail riding. Seeing the Alaskan guys having problems got me little nervous.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
So if I understand correctly, even by adding paddles to 700, it won't b geared any lower then a 1000-5 with paddles with both in first gear? I will be using more low speeds working/hunting then high speed trail riding. Seeing the Alaskan guys having problems got me little nervous.

In my opinion, the 700 will be better for very low speed.

And you do understand correctly, just by adding a manual shift option won't change the gear ratios.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

62straight

62straight

Dec 24, 2015
Thank u sir. I'm another one of those guys piling parts prior to having a place to put them! Thought I was set on 1000-5 which I do still like the 5 seat option and the HORSEPOWER. But if the 7 can creep around and hold a gear going down hills and cheaper, might be worth consideration for me. Lucky haven't bought any model specific parts yet

Reactions: JTW
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thank u sir. I'm another one of those guys piling parts prior to having a place to put them! Thought I was set on 1000-5 which I do still like the 5 seat option and the HORSEPOWER. But if the 7 can creep around and hold a gear going down hills and cheaper, might be worth consideration for me. Lucky haven't bought any model specific parts yet

If you can, test drive them both.

The P700 won't have the engine braking you may need.

Reactions: 62straight
d_b

d_b

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 24, 2015
Utah
I'll have to take you up on that bet.... My custom shocks will do what Fox does all day long then some, oh and cheaper if you do it right. lol

Reactions: Tflynn
H

HondaTech

Info is is limited but I am fairly sure the...
- 700 still has same 3 speed, just adds paddle shifters.
- 500 has the same 5 speed, just adds automatic shifting program.

I do agree a DCT upgrade for both would be nice.

Full public announcement is expected 2nd week of August.

The 500 will have to be a DCT trans now since it didn't previously have a auto trans. Basically the new Rubicon, in a sxx.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!