BOX1

Access hatch for adjusting valves.

Lynn

Lynn

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Yakima,WA
I was able to adjust the intake valves without removing anything. I have a full cab with soft upper doors I remove for summer, so access to exhaust valve adjustment was going to be a big deal. I cut a hole in the plastic under the seat so I could adjust the valves . It took less than 10 mins. I replaced the piece I removed with a couple screws and sealed it with silicone till next time. Simple and fast. I'm experienced with adjusting valves as I was a auto mechanic for a lot of my career. From start to finish including making the access hatch was under 30 mins.

2014 09 17 141641 2014 09 08 105522 DSCN0684 DSCN0685 DSCN0686

Reactions: Mudwing and jinx
slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
I see your thinking ahead,good job. Don't know why this idea wasn't done in the factory. I too have a full cab etc: and found it to be silly to have to remove a bunch of stuff to check/adjust the valves.

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thank you For this thread!!!

Reactions: bearhunter95
O

OutdoorEd

Apr 25, 2015
It sure would be nice for a "valve adjustment for dummies" thread. I would love to do this myself, but have NO mechanical experience in this arena.

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
When I do mine i'll thread something @OutdoorEd !!!

Reactions: OutdoorEd
O

OutdoorEd

Apr 25, 2015
Just be sure to use small words. I appreciate the assistance!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!