Aftermarket Radio Option?

B

Boltzie42

Sep 16, 2013
Is there an aftermarket radio/speaker available for the Pioneer?

S

Swamper

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
I've done a little research on stereo systems there are many kits available for sxs's. As far as the Pioneer they will likely soon follow with a kit for it as well as only the mounting changes from one to another. One of the simplest and most straightforward kits you can install yourself is from tractor tunes. Search online they are universal and mount as one unit including stereo unit and speakers.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 585
I

idahohntr

Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2013
I am probably going to install the Memphis Marine Panel in the glove box with Memphis waterproof speakers up underneath. A little spendy, however lifetime warranty can't be beat.

Good Luck!

B

Bugnbrian

Lifetime Member
Aug 24, 2013
The Koplin universal UTV stereo with dual speakers is less than $700 but I have not listened to it yet. One friend of mine said she had one on her Rhino and it did a decent job.

Y

Yoshimtz2

Aug 31, 2013
What amp to buy? capacity 200 watts or 400 watts? 2-channel or 4 channels? 1 amp or 3 amperes?, what is the power of the battery with the engine running.

I

idahohntr

Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2013
I am hoping mine will be finished today! I will post pics to show install, don't want an amp due current draw. Just want to be able to have a little Barry White available when the misses and I are in the tall and uncut!

Reactions: AKRider
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yoshimtz2 said:
What amp to buy? capacity 200 watts or 400 watts? 2-channel or 4 channels? 1 amp or 3 amperes?, what is the power of the battery with the engine running.

I ran a 20amp 3.8 GPM sprayer pump long enough to empty 2 consecutive 55gal drums and it didn't bother it while running.

The Pioneer has a 450 watt/@ 35-40 amp alternator.

But sound watts and power watts are measure at different voltages.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pyle has several, haven't ordered one yet trying to complete one project before moving on to the next.

I am going to use one of theirs, there is also one that has 5.25" speakers with it and I saw a post on a rzr forum about using 6" PVC as a speaker enclosure.

I asked BigRiver to take some photos of how the hard mid panel meets the roof so I can see what kind of space I will have to put them in the corners.

The wakeboard speakers are so deep not sure how far they will stick out, but could be a viable option.

Y

Yoshimtz2

Aug 31, 2013
You're right, I can do the right size, and save money at the same time, thank you very much, I think I'll go for the whole package.

Mpnoonan

Mpnoonan

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
Northeast Nebraska
That is my radio in the video, the plus side if it was that it has good power and doesn't take up that much room in the cab, the down side of it is that it has an amp that I had to build a mounting plate for under the hood. It has very good sound quality though

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
bigc said:
wonder if this would make a good roof mounted radio any opinions guys ?

http://www.amazon.com/REI-Digital-Roof- ... nted+radio

That is great price for a DIN sized piece.

I think the uneven nature of the hard roof would make for a difficult but not impossible installation if the mount utilized the roof as a side for the speakers sealed airspace. There is a RZR speaker enclosure that does that. You could leave it unsealed but even good speakers would sound horrible. I have considered making a box to fit the kick panel foot rests and rhino line it that would hold a 5.25 or 6.5. I don't ride through deep water and my feet never go there so it'd be a good space to use for me.

If you use the Kolpin Speaker box the only real place to mount it is between the headrests and IMO that's just in the way. Wakeboard speakers are the same. There are some good roof mounts like you've found that hold a head unit too, that I guess are more fancy or maybe just branded that are ridiculous in price.

I want something that is going to take minimal space away from ME in the passenger area, as long as it makes some noise that I can vaguely understand the lyrics, I'm good. I am not trying to duplicate a high end theater system.

Just my opinion though, and opinions are free and not always reasonable.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381287245.017573.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381287245.017573.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 1,116
S

Swamper

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
My opinion is that the speakers should be as close to your ears as possible and preferably just behind ur head by the headrest. I would think that unless you have a windshield and roof that speakers in the footwell would get drowned out by engine and drivetrain noise. Whatever you do keep us posted... many ways to skin that cat!

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
thanks guys for the thoughts

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ordered the 4 channel Pyle amp with 2 outdoor Pyle box speakers. Thinking about mounting the speakers in the corners above head level to the roof. Should have it all in Friday and see how it sounds this weekend.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
DO NOT BUY THE PYLE AMP!!!!!!

It is a PILE alright!

RETURNING the piece today.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
ohanacreek said:
DO NOT BUY THE PYLE AMP!!!!!!

It is a PILE alright!

RETURNING the piece today.
Oh... That sucks. Thanks for the info.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!