P1000 Air Filter Maintenance Video Guide!

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
right when I thought servicing the 700's air filter was a PIA, looks like the p1k's are even worse. Good job on the video @Tabascojunkie

Reactions: Tabascojunkie
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Thanks for the video Tabascojunkie !

When you have to remove the gas cap to install a winch, I guess I should have known that regular maintenance would be a breeze. Thanks Honda :rolleyes:

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I dropped a battery terminal bolt down the air intake today. :eek:
I tried a magnet but turns out the bolt is non-magnetic.
Tied the shop vac but could get it.
Started to disassemble things then i remembered this video and got the bolt by shop vac from the main filter.

I'm not a fan of those new push-in clips - but this is coming from a guy that drops parts down the air intake.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I dropped a battery terminal bolt down the air intake today. :eek:
I tried a magnet but turns out the bolt is non-magnetic.
Tied the shop vac but could get it.
Started to disassemble things then i remembered this video and got the bolt by shop vac from the main filter.

I'm not a fan of those new push-in clips - but this is coming from a guy that drops parts down the air intake.

When I was working under the hood of the P1000, I took the pre filter and stuffed it in the intake tube to be safe. Because like you, I'm prone to dropping stuff too.

Reactions: ghost
Weezil

Weezil

Mar 8, 2019
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 2019 1000-5 which has pretty much the same setup. I was at Durhamtown this weekend and she started bogging down when I got on the throttle. My first thought was bad fuel since I had filled up that morning at their fuel depot but I checked the filter and it was fairly dirty. Printed on the plastic filter housing 3x was "do not use compressed air to clean". Using my hands and a paper towel I cleaned it fairly well and put it back in. Took her around the track a few times and problem was solved until 4th lap. It was REALLY dusty this weekend but I have fewer than 400 miles on this filter. Do I need a new one or is there a way to clean this one?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!