dtaber8604

Nov 20, 2015
OKC
Ownership

1. 700-4
IMG 3399
IMG 3400
IMG 3403
I was getting aggravated with how tall the 700-4 is and that it would not fit in my 20' stock trailer when moving cattle to pastures far away. I'm 6'3 and didn't want to loose headroom. I cut 4.25" out of all 6 uprights and used solid stock to join the cut top. Dropped a total of 4" all the way around and the only mounts I had to relocate are the net mounts for the back (keeps the branches from slapping the kids) and the seat belt mounts for back seats. Everything slid right into place and fit like a glove. Worked out really nice and works better for me.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Very nice! First blue one like tflynn said though could you do a side shot

dtaber8604

dtaber8604

Nov 20, 2015
OKC
Ownership

1. 700-4
I don't have a side shot of it right now. I left it on the farm in Arkansas while I went back to work in OKC (job that actually pays the bills). I will try to remember to get a pic when I go home for turkey day.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
dtaber8604

dtaber8604

Nov 20, 2015
OKC
Ownership

1. 700-4
IMG 3440
IMG 3441
I don't have a side shot of it right now. I left it on the farm in Arkansas while I went back to work in OKC (job that actually pays the bills). I will try to remember to get a pic when I go home for turkey day.
I never claim to be an expert photographer... Notice how well my food plot is doing in this drought?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Looks good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks great Im getting ready to do a buddies 700-4 Thanks for the good info

dtaber8604

dtaber8604

Nov 20, 2015
OKC
Ownership

1. 700-4
I've done a few more upgrades.... I was plastidipping some wheels with a friend and figured id give it a shot on ol' blue.... It was actually super cheap, easy and stronger than I expected. Of course it isn't a long term deal, but I bet Ill have the only gun metal gray pioneer at the next ride. I couldn't handle the bland wheels anymore so I went with so STI HD3 14x7 wheels and STI 26" tires. They make the rig look 100 times better in my own opinion, STI has an awesome warranty as well. Added some offroad lights. Pro Comp makes some single row 6" LED lights that fit perfectly in that open space on our bumpers. I had to tack some tabs but I really like how they turned out. The angle of the bumper makes the lights shine really wide like a curved light bar would. Pro Comp has a no questions asked don't matter who purchased lifetime warranty on their lights (you cant beat that). I also mounted a small square light on the top bar inbetween the headrests facing rear so I could have a cargo/reverse light. I love the location but since i chopped my top and used solid stock I cannot run the wires through the tubing..... Lastly I got a switch panel from Mystic. It turns out he is from gods country as well (Arkansas) and we have some mutual friends. If your going to do any kind of switches then hit him up for a plate. Perfect fit and very clean install. Let me know what yall think! (yes I know my blue pioneer sticker on the rear door stands out like a sore thumb)
Hood plasti
Naked Pioneer
Plastid Pioneer
Lights
Lights on
Switch Plate
Before wheels
After wheels
After wheels 2
Wheels dog

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Looks good man! Let me know how the plasti lasts... I've thought about doing it to mine.

dtaber8604

dtaber8604

Nov 20, 2015
OKC
Ownership

1. 700-4
Looks good man! Let me know how the plasti lasts... I've thought about doing it to mine.
Thank you and will do... I'm sure when hunting season comes around and I start driving through briars that stuff with come right off. Good news is that it does not leave any residue and once its started its fairly easy to remove. I bet I had it tore down, cleaned and painted within 2 hours. I let it set a few days (kids sports) before I reinstalled but it was super quick. While I had it naked I found all kinds of hiding spots for mud. There is a cavity where the fender meets the door probably 6" wide and I bet it had 15 lbs of mud in it (and I don't mud bogg).

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thank you and will do... I'm sure when hunting season comes around and I start driving through briars that stuff with come right off. Good news is that it does not leave any residue and once its started its fairly easy to remove. I bet I had it tore down, cleaned and painted within 2 hours. I let it set a few days (kids sports) before I reinstalled but it was super quick. While I had it naked I found all kinds of hiding spots for mud. There is a cavity where the fender meets the door probably 6" wide and I bet it had 15 lbs of mud in it (and I don't mud bogg).
Cool that doesn't sound bad! Yeah I found a couple of mud cavities when I was installing my power steering. Unfortunately there is really no way to get these things entirely clean.

M

Markis02

May 31, 2016
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 700-4
What size solid stock did you need to use on inside of roll cage?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
What size solid stock did you need to use on inside of roll cage?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
I ordered this for mine... 1-7/16x 36" Cold Drawn, Cold Formed MILD STEEL ROUND

dtaber8604

dtaber8604

Nov 20, 2015
OKC
Ownership

1. 700-4
I just went to the local steel shop here in okc. I got 6 4" pieces already cut for less than $40 same day.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!