BOX1

Anyone from Tenn?

Harman24630

Harman24630

Mar 24, 2016
Tazewell Va
Ownership

1. 700-4
Me and my family just took a mini vacation in Gatlinburg Tn and they had places that rent street legal SxS's mostly razors and trexs but also seen a sweet looking yellow 1000 but anyway... I couldn't justify renting one of something I already have so I've researched and even called Tenn DMV what I've gathered is... Pioneer has to have turn signals mirrors windshield and such also there's afadavid that has to be approved by the DMV but I can't get a strait answer on is if it's registered in Virginia can It be approved to be legal in Tenn?

Harman24630

Harman24630

Mar 24, 2016
Tazewell Va
Ownership

1. 700-4
Lady at DMV said I have to be a resident of Tenn, or if it's legal in my state it would be legal there but in my state of Virginia sxss aren't alowed to be street legal... My brother in law lives in Tenn so that solves my resident thing but can he get the afadavid signed if it's registered in my name in Virginia?

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I seriously doubt someone can get one registered if it's owned by someone else. I just got mine tagged about a month ago. Showed the clerk where I paid taxes for it, paid for the tag, and signed the affidavit stating it had everything to be street legal.

Harman24630

Harman24630

Mar 24, 2016
Tazewell Va
Ownership

1. 700-4
I seriously doubt someone can get one registered if it's owned by someone else. I just got mine tagged about a month ago. Showed the clerk where I paid taxes for it, paid for the tag, and signed the affidavit stating it had everything to be street legal.
They Never said it had to be registered either just that I had to be a resident to get the afadavid signed

Harman24630

Harman24630

Mar 24, 2016
Tazewell Va
Ownership

1. 700-4
I thank you @Delton for filling me in cause like I said I couldn't get the lady to tell me what all was really involved... Looks like I'll just have to move to Tennessee so I'm not subject to all the common wealth BS.

Reactions: joeymt33
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Some laws vary by county but what I listed is generally what needs to be done.

Reactions: joeymt33
Harman24630

Harman24630

Mar 24, 2016
Tazewell Va
Ownership

1. 700-4
Some laws vary by county but what I listed is generally what needs to be done.
I wonder if the police would bother me if it was street legal as far as Tenn law but registered in Va without tags... Not to be nowhere but the gatlinburg pigeon forge area (I know I couldn't run between because of the speed limit criteria)just one place or the other mostly for the convienence of hopping in it instead of walking or ridding that God forsaken trolley.

Reactions: Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wonder if the police would bother me if it was street legal as far as Tenn law but registered in Va without tags... Not to be nowhere but the gatlinburg pigeon forge area (I know I couldn't run between because of the speed limit criteria)just one place or the other mostly for the convienence of hopping in it instead of walking or ridding that God forsaken trolley.
That'd probably depend on the cop lol. Some are cool, some are dicks lol. Not having a tag on the back is gonna attract some attention.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!