P700 Anyone running a HMF Swamp Series on a 700-4

T

Texguy02

Apr 7, 2016
Southeast TX
Wondering if anyone has a HMF Swamp Series on a 700-4 here. Want one to get with the Dobeck for a little extra thump but do not want a loud exhaust.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I don't have one but numerous people have said it is the quietest aftermarket pipe. I have a yoshimura, which is probably the loudest aftermarket pipe! So don't get that one!

I would love to hear your impression of the pipe and tuner together once you install them. Keep us updated. Welcome to the club!

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hi Tex, Welcome.
I don't have the answer either and I'll be watching this thread. I want quiet without compromising power.

Reactions: Farmer
Simpleman

Simpleman

Nov 19, 2014
Yuba City, California
Wondering if anyone has a HMF Swamp Series on a 700-4 here. Want one to get with the Dobeck for a little extra thump but do not want a loud exhaust.
Hey fellas! I'm running the HMF Swamp exhaust pipe and I can say that it perfect! Slight gain in torque and hp with minimal increase in decibels. It has a bit more bass in the exhaust note. They also make a silencer that goes into the muffler for extra sound reduction. Perfect for hunting or to those who want the quiet... I'd say with the extra silencer it quieter than stock. Just my opinion. Do not get the XL Swamp version as plainly stated on their website it is Extra Loud....

T

Texguy02

Apr 7, 2016
Southeast TX
Hey fellas! I'm running the HMF Swamp exhaust pipe and I can say that it perfect! Slight gain in torque and hp with minimal increase in decibels. It has a bit more bass in the exhaust note. They also make a silencer that goes into the muffler for extra sound reduction. Perfect for hunting or to those who want the quiet... I'd say with the extra silencer it quieter than stock. Just my opinion. Do not get the XL Swamp version as plainly stated on their website it is Extra Loud....

Thanks for the response, really appreciate that.
You running the Silencer? Any other mods done on your part? Example filter or programmer?

Simpleman

Simpleman

Nov 19, 2014
Yuba City, California
Thanks for the response, really appreciate that.
You running the Silencer? Any other mods done on your part? Example filter or programmer?
Yes I have a K&N intake filter with the prescreen cover and I have snorkeled the machine with a "ram air" design. It has helped the machine out at high elevation. I've noticed better throttle response and a overall power gain. I haven't purchased the Dobeck programmer yet....Yes I'm running the extra silencer right now... I haven't taken it out since hunting season.... works very well. There are quite a few snorkel designs out there...some people like them and have experienced power gains while others have not. I did it for location of cool CLEAN air. Search the posts for ram air intake snorkel and you can see the build and conversations that ensued. Let us know if ya get a programmer and how well it works!

T

Texguy02

Apr 7, 2016
Southeast TX
Yes I have a K&N intake filter with the prescreen cover and I have snorkeled the machine with a "ram air" design. It has helped the machine out at high elevation. I've noticed better throttle response and a overall power gain. I haven't purchased the Dobeck programmer yet....Yes I'm running the extra silencer right now... I haven't taken it out since hunting season.... works very well. There are quite a few snorkel designs out there...some people like them and have experienced power gains while others have not. I did it for location of cool CLEAN air. Search the posts for ram air intake snorkel and you can see the build and conversations that ensued. Let us know if ya get a programmer and how well it works!

Simpleman- is your Pioneer a 14 or 15? Called to order the pipe and they said they dont have one for the '15 model yet. Cant imagine the 14-15 changing the exhaust piping that much

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Simpleman- is your Pioneer a 14 or 15? Called to order the pipe and they said they dont have one for the '15 model yet. Cant imagine the 14-15 changing the exhaust piping that much
I believe @Simpleman has a '14. The only difference I could see there being is the '15 and up have an O2 sensor. So if you can drill a hole and weld in a bung you should be good to go!

Reactions: Simpleman
SuperYeti

SuperYeti

May 11, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Ownership

1. 700-4
I believe @Simpleman has a '14. The only difference I could see there being is the '15 and up have an O2 sensor. So if you can drill a hole and weld in a bung you should be good to go!
The '15 also has a catalytic converter doesn't it?

T

tlandry

Apr 24, 2016
New Iberia, La
How will the catalytic converter effect it? I was thinking about getting the exhaust and bypassing the O2 sensor or adding the bung either way.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I would never do such a thing but I had a friend who removed the cat from his truck. All it did was trigger the check engine light but the truck ran fine. What I don't know is if triggering the check engine light on the pioneer would put it in limp mode or not, or if removing the CAT would even trigger it for sure. Is the O2 sensor before or after the cat? If it's before (and there are no sensors after) then you should be fine. But don't ditch the O2 sensor, you're engine needs that data to run correctly.

T

tlandry

Apr 24, 2016
New Iberia, La
Not ditching the O2 sensor. The programmer I purchased (dobeck gen 4) came with a module to bypass it. My guess is it just feeds the ECU voltages to make it think it is reading the sensor.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I also know someone who removed a Cat from there their P700-4. No ill effects at all.

Sent from my iPhone 10s

Reactions: Tflynn
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Removing the cat should not result in any performance reduction.

Might or might not increase performance. Might or might not affect emissions. Might or might not be legal in all states.

Removing the cat should not result in any performance reduction.

Reactions: Tflynn
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It should reduce heat under he passenger floor. Those cats stay hot for hours after all the pipes have cooled.

Sent from my iPhone 10s

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
How about a weight reduction? Does that count? :)

Sent from my iPhone 10s

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!