BOX1

P700 Anyone running a HMF Swamp Series on a 700-4

SuperYeti

SuperYeti

May 11, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Ownership

1. 700-4
Anyone have the service manual for the '15's? It should show if the O2 sensor is before or after the cat, or I can check tomorrow when I'm changing fluids. If the O2 sensor is after, it's not going to like the readings from a non-cat exhaust stream. Depending on Honda's programming, it may or may not throw a CEL.

Reactions: Tflynn
Simpleman

Simpleman

Nov 19, 2014
Yuba City, California
Simpleman- is your Pioneer a 14 or 15? Called to order the pipe and they said they dont have one for the '15 model yet. Cant imagine the 14-15 changing the exhaust piping that much
Sorry for the late reply....but yes mine is a 14. Yes the O2 sensor and cat can pose a problem....

T

Texguy02

Apr 7, 2016
Southeast TX
Called and talked with HMF, they are telling me that the '14 will fit the 15 and 16, just dont have the O2 sensor whole and dont have a tune for it. I asked about the CAT and the phone got quite. Not sure about that. But thinking I might buy one and see if i can get it to work.

Reactions: Tflynn
SuperYeti

SuperYeti

May 11, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Ownership

1. 700-4
Well if you go with the dobeck, it does have an o2 intercept device. It reads the o2 sensor and uses that for the AFR auto tune, and then it passes a "good" o2 signal back to the ECM. So you'll definitely be fine, just have to strive for more power, and while you're in there, don't get an HMF, go custom, and turbo it! My warranty is up in T-1 month, and I'm going to start gathering parts shortly to turbo mine lol.

Reactions: joeymt33
G

GregF

May 11, 2017
Orlando, FL
Ownership

1. 700-2
Reading up on the forum, I have a 2014 with the big gun exhaust on it. What are the changes in exhaust that would prevent me from being able to swap for a stock 2017 exhaust? Sorry, I'm not very mechanically inclined, just looking for advice.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hey @GregF, good question. The 2017 has an o2 sensor and a catalytic converter whereas the 2014 does not. So you could swap it over but you'd have to plug the o2 sensor hole and then you'd have a cat on there which could only hurt performance even if just a little bit. So what I'm saying is if you're wanting to go back to stock a 2017 system would work but a 2014 system would be better and easier.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!