Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Waiting for the dealer to get a 700 assembled this week and will be testing it out. The only worry the wife has is the lack of power steering. From reading several reviews power steering is not an issue most of the time. Hopefully this week we will decide. And the grand kids are already anxious to go for rides with Grampa.
SuperATV makes a power steering kit for the 700 should you decide you need it.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
@Tflynn is good for suggesting that as it may be something you'd be interested in makes it easier.

Reactions: Tflynn
Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One of the big factory options that pushed me to the 1000 was the Turf Mode. I watched my sisters Ranger hamburger the yard a few times when they forgot to disengage it. You cannot simply lean and lift the inside tire like on a ATV.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
F

fish

May 20, 2016
Sault Ste. Marie Ontario
Ownership

1. 700-4
Well pulled the pin today. Tested a 700-4 and the wife says it should be fine for her to drive as she was worried about the lack of power steering, but she found it ok. She said besides if it's too hard for the to drive she'll just sit on the right side and I'll do the driving. So 700-4 it is. We now have to wait for it to arrive from the warehouse but they won't give them a ship date as it was to be shipped between May 18 and 24th but that didn't happen so we could look at a couple of weeks before we get it.

Reactions: Springer
F

fish

May 20, 2016
Sault Ste. Marie Ontario
Ownership

1. 700-4
Congrats on the new ride! I think you'll be happy

Thanks, now the long wait for it to arrive. Just couldn't justify $6,000.00 to go up to the 1000-5. Besides they said that if I want to move up to the 1000-5 they'll gladly take it on a trade. Having the hard roof, mirror, storage bag and winch installed. I will wait and see what I want to do about a windshield, I'm thinking I will probably want to go with the two piece split for the ventilation during the hot summer months.

jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
Thanks, now the long wait for it to arrive. Just couldn't justify $6,000.00 to go up to the 1000-5. Besides they said that if I want to move up to the 1000-5 they'll gladly take it on a trade. Having the hard roof, mirror, storage bag and winch installed. I will wait and see what I want to do about a windshield, I'm thinking I will probably want to go with the two piece split for the ventilation during the hot summer months.

Congrats fish. Your gonna love it. Like swesbek said, get the granddaughters in it. Go make some memories and I will guarantee you will love the smile and giggles they will make. We have made many many memories with the grand kids and nieces and nephews. What a blast the versatility of the convertible bed on these things are.

F

fish

May 20, 2016
Sault Ste. Marie Ontario
Ownership

1. 700-4
Congrats fish. Your gonna love it. Like swesbek said, get the granddaughters in it. Go make some memories and I will guarantee you will love the smile and giggles they will make. We have made many many memories with the grand kids and nieces and nephews. What a blast the versatility of the convertible bed on these things are.
Thanks, I can't wait to get it down to camp. The girls will be down in June and July and I'm sure Gramma and Grampa will have as much fun taking them out as they will have being out in it.

Reactions: Tflynn and jawquin
U

USMMAN

May 27, 2016
south MS
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks, I can't wait to get it down to camp. The girls will be down in June and July and I'm sure Gramma and Grampa will have as much fun taking them out as they will have being out in it.

U

USMMAN

May 27, 2016
south MS
Ownership

1. 700-4
Just bought my 700 4 today. I think I'm really going to love it. The 1000 was too big for me - I have some tight trails that squeeze between trees, etc. on my property. Have fun.

F

fish

May 20, 2016
Sault Ste. Marie Ontario
Ownership

1. 700-4
Just bought my 700 4 today. I think I'm really going to love it. The 1000 was too big for me - I have some tight trails that squeeze between trees, etc. on my property. Have fun.

Congratulations, let us know how it is working out for you. Happy riding.

V

vwprostock

Apr 15, 2016
Flower Mound, TX

You were at the same decision I was last year. Liked the 700....figured the 1000 was the cats meow. Wanted versatility. Figured the 1000 width would be golden with two adults and an 11 year old, and a load of firewood.

1000's come out, dealers want $19K out the door here in TX....used 700's aren't plentiful but $10K on average. I had some other play cash items come up and $19K just was out of my comfort zone.

Stumbled into a 65 hr camo 700 with a soft top and aftermarket wheels and tires for $9500.

I now have two weekends and probably 120 miles in my 700 and love it!

I can tell you I thought I would miss low range, and this thing crawls over all I need it to. It does more in 2WD than I ever expected.

We put us and junior up front and grandma and grandpa in back and did a 20 mile ride and everyone was comfy.

Power steering would be nice, will probably add it, but not for the turning, for the bump steer. Catch a rock the wrong way and it will spin the steering wheel out of your hand.

I love my soft top. Added winch, stereo, lights, etc and just love it...but...the best modification was a suggestion from on here and that was a board under my right foot to prevent my ankle from cramping. I did a 2x4 as a test and it worked, then made a plank out of scraps and covered it and it works perfect!! I will post a pic in a sec.

So in summary, I was concerned I would regret not having the width, low range, etc and I do not. Honestly, my trails here a 1000 may not fit as some are very narrow.

Enjoy that 700! Its awesome and fun and a work horse!

Greg

F

fish

May 20, 2016
Sault Ste. Marie Ontario
Ownership

1. 700-4

You were at the same decision I was last year. Liked the 700....figured the 1000 was the cats meow. Wanted versatility. Figured the 1000 width would be golden with two adults and an 11 year old, and a load of firewood.

1000's come out, dealers want $19K out the door here in TX....used 700's aren't plentiful but $10K on average. I had some other play cash items come up and $19K just was out of my comfort zone.

Stumbled into a 65 hr camo 700 with a soft top and aftermarket wheels and tires for $9500.

I now have two weekends and probably 120 miles in my 700 and love it!

I can tell you I thought I would miss low range, and this thing crawls over all I need it to. It does more in 2WD than I ever expected.

We put us and junior up front and grandma and grandpa in back and did a 20 mile ride and everyone was comfy.

Power steering would be nice, will probably add it, but not for the turning, for the bump steer. Catch a rock the wrong way and it will spin the steering wheel out of your hand.

I love my soft top. Added winch, stereo, lights, etc and just love it...but...the best modification was a suggestion from on here and that was a board under my right foot to prevent my ankle from cramping. I did a 2x4 as a test and it worked, then made a plank out of scraps and covered it and it works perfect!! I will post a pic in a sec.

So in summary, I was concerned I would regret not having the width, low range, etc and I do not. Honestly, my trails here a 1000 may not fit as some are very narrow.

Enjoy that 700! Its awesome and fun and a work horse!

Greg

Thanks for the post on the foot board, I'll have to check this out.
I'm glad you are enjoying your 700. I have heard several people with the same complaint on the power steering and I have been told, even by one of the salesmen, to be sure to never stick your hand inside the steering wheel as hitting a rock will break your wrist is a flash. I too will be looking into adding the power steering package in the future.

Now if Honda would hurry up and get this thing delivered to the dealer so he can get it assembled and delivered I'd be a happy camper. Still waiting for delivery and told that it should be this week, I sure hope so. Until then I'll stick to riding my 420TRX. I'm off to purchase a new trailer today. Looking at a 7 X14 with the side load option to allow both the atv and side by side to be taken out together.

Enjoy the family fun and get out and ride.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Fish the steering on the 700 really wasn't bad in my opinion. With the skinny front tires it is more then drivable. I put bigger tires on mine and that made it bad however. After the power steering was added it was easier even with wider. If you desided to do it the kit is pretty seamless to install. It's not as hard as some without power but like you've been told watch the steering wheel on heavy bumps that's really about it though. I'm glad you've made your decision hopefully it arrives shortly!

F

fish

May 20, 2016
Sault Ste. Marie Ontario
Ownership

1. 700-4
Well really starting to get p&$;:d off with Honda. Down payment on May 27th and asked when it will be in. I was told that it "was scheduled to be released from the wearhouse between May 18th and 24th. so any day now". Checked last week and told "not in yet". Checked yesterday and told that they will check to see where it is. Salesman called me and said that it was released last week, so I asked where it was. They can't say, just that it was released. I asked the tracking number and that should tell them where it is, but their answer was that all they can say is that it was released from the warehouse. "It most likely is on a shipping dock waiting for a full truck load" I can't get an answer from anyone as to the delivery date. If I order anything on line in today's technological times they give me a tracking number and I can follow its delivery but Honda can't even tell me if its been shipped. There are four pioneer 700-4 being delivers to this dealer alone, each of the purchasers (customers) are charged $1335.00 freight and no one can say when it will be shipped. I could have walked the 700 kilometres and dragged the dam thing home faster. The worst part is no one seems to care. I bought this specific machine to take my granddaughters out and they will be here next week and still no machine.

Did I say I'm getting p&$;:d off yet.

Reactions: Stauvo
Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well really starting to get p&$;:d off with Honda. Down payment on May 27th and asked when it will be in. I was told that it "was scheduled to be released from the wearhouse between May 18th and 24th. so any day now". Checked last week and told "not in yet". Checked yesterday and told that they will check to see where it is. Salesman called me and said that it was released last week, so I asked where it was. They can't say, just that it was released. I asked the tracking number and that should tell them where it is, but their answer was that all they can say is that it was released from the warehouse. "It most likely is on a shipping dock waiting for a full truck load" I can't get an answer from anyone as to the delivery date. If I order anything on line in today's technological times they give me a tracking number and I can follow its delivery but Honda can't even tell me if its been shipped. There are four pioneer 700-4 being delivers to this dealer alone, each of the purchasers (customers) are charged $1335.00 freight and no one can say when it will be shipped. I could have walked the 700 kilometres and dragged the dam thing home faster. The worst part is no one seems to care. I bought this specific machine to take my granddaughters out and they will be here next week and still no machine.

It will be OK buddy. I know i went through a similar story as others here have. Honda is a bit different how they ship. I sure was happy when that white beauty showed up though. :)

F

fish

May 20, 2016
Sault Ste. Marie Ontario
Ownership

1. 700-4
It will be OK buddy. I know i went through a similar story as others here have. Honda is a bit different how they ship. I sure was happy when that white beauty showed up though. :)

Thanks, I just had to vent, also find out if others have had the same issue. Frustrated though.

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand

I had to go to another dealer because they did the same thing with me when I ordered my pioneer.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!