P700 CV boots

T

tatemcc

Feb 22, 2016
Southwest Mississippi
I wanted to show the big boys this 700-4 could follow them. I showed them alright. I have a small hole in the outer boot on the back right axle, it's full of water and most likely sand even though it's a little hole. The back left outer got twisted really bad and looks horrible. The back left is popping real bad, I know it's shot but the other axle that has the twisted boot wasn't popping. Would y'all go with a new boot if the grease looks good in it or not take the chance and just change our booth?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
If it rotates freely by hand, I would try to salvage it. At worse, even if it pops a little, you could save it as a spare to carry for an emergency and buy a full replacement.

Sent from my iPad 7G

Reactions: Tflynn and tatemcc
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
You may be a good candidate for Rhino axles. I'm with @joeymt33. Replace what you have with new and rebuild your old ones to keep as spares.

Reactions: joeymt33
Vato

Vato

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2015
RUN IT after cleaning and liberal greasing either nest boot.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!