Double Gun Carrier

F

foggy

Sep 13, 2013
Was looking for a means to carry / protect my guns on my new UTV. Came across "Classic Double Gun Carrier"......and read glowing reviews on it at Amazon. Researched to find latest camo model with water-restistant fabric (important). Bargain price / free freight / no tax. Ordered it.

Just came today. Have not yet used it....but right out of the box you can tell that these folks know what they are doing. LOOKS LIKE GREAT QUALITY FOR THE MONEY!! (I think I paid $56.) Provides gun storage for two and pockets for accessories. Very well thought out....IMO. I believe I will be quite happy with this product.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Nice froggy,
Glad you found one that might work with the Pioneer.
Can you post a link or maybe pictures sometime?
Thanks.

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
I too , have been searching for a gun scabbard. Is this the padded soft case that mounts on the rear roll cage? Let us know how it fits and if you have any problems mounting it. Pics would be awesome !

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
foggy, does it have straps on the lower side to secure to the head rest supports? A buddy of mine has one, though it doesn't secure on the bottom. Thing flops around all day long, he ended up taking it off.

F

foggy

Sep 13, 2013
I am awaiting delivery of my new Pioneer in the next few days. I bought the case anticipating its need soon after I take delivery (got a grouse trip planned). The case measures 53" long x 16" deep x 5" thick. I own a couple of dozen rifles and shotguns. This case appears that it will fit two of any that I own....with or without scopes, rifles or shotguns. The outside storage pockets are huge and can be a big storage benefit too!!

I feel certain it will fit nice on the roll bar behind the front seat. I suspect it will block some wind from the back too (?). It has 1" straps that can be adjusted and attached to the roll bars via QD buckles.....seems good and should be easy to quickly re-attach, as needed. It may reduce your vision somewhat with a mirror or when backing up? Should not be an issue?

A gun can be put in from either end via a HD zippered opening. The inner baffles keep guns separated. Lots of good foam padding....but that could absorb water - be fore-warned. It is not designed for storage.....so don't let you gun sit in it during wet weather and then grumble about rust.....instead it will keep your gun protected while in transit. Zippers and all fasteners seem high quality. Google it and read the reviews and look at the pics online. It seems like it will live up to it's billing.

The quality seems good....the price seems right. I have a way to transport my guns. I'm happy.

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
Is Classic the manufacture brand? do you know the model # the cheapest one I could find on Amazon was $98.45. Model 75003

F

foggy

Sep 13, 2013
Yep, Classic is the Manufacturer and the model # I got was 75003. This has the newer / better fabric with water-resistant backing. I think the price I said earlier may have been for the black one (?) but I cannot find my reciept. I thought I paid about $66. .....but I see a camo one now on Amazon at $81.93 - pre-paid shopping. Prices change all the time on Amazon......and you can pay different amounts on some of these products depending on whom sends it - yadda yadda.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Wow, they have lots of different gun racks. I like the over head gun mounts.

F

foggy

Sep 13, 2013
Mounted my gun carrier tonight. Seems to fit real nice. Will add some rear wind protection....but will make backing up a bit more difficult. Gets harder to see behind you....but nothing I cannot live with. I am also adding a rear view mirror that fits in the center....and attaches to the ROPS.

Zippers on either side for access to two guns of any type, w or w/o scopes. Three big storage compartments for gear. Looks and performs like I expected. Lots of padding and well supported with QD buckles. I believe I'm happy with this product....but I have not yet used it.

Attachments

• securedownload-18.jpeg
    securedownload-18.jpeg
    105.7 KB · Views: 4,060
Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
I assume you have to remove it to dump the box.

F

foggy

Sep 13, 2013
Elkhunter said:

I didn't try it. But I dont think so. What you gonna dump?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
foggy said:
What you gonna dump?
A load full of deer of course!
---------------
This would work for me. I like the soft case.

B

Bobbo64

Aug 28, 2013
I ordered me a two gun overhead gun rack yesterday. I ordered it from Gear Up 2 Go and the brand is Great Day Part # QO85XOGR. It attaches to the front and rear roll bars. Since I have a top on my 700-4, I will not have to worry about rain soaking my guns, just a little dust. I do a lot of riding around on my property and we have hogs and bobcats so I want to be able to get to my guns quick without having to open up a case. Will send pictures and report on how this rack performs.

F

foggy

Sep 13, 2013
Elkhunter said:

took my gun case off.....but checked the dump feature before I did. Depending on where you strap the case to the roll bars......you llikey could unbuckle two straps to allow the bed to dump. No big deal.

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
Bobbo64 said:
I ordered me a two gun overhead gun rack yesterday. I ordered it from Gear Up 2 Go and the brand is Great Day Part # QO85XOGR. It attaches to the front and rear roll bars. Since I have a top on my 700-4, I will not have to worry about rain soaking my guns, just a little dust. I do a lot of riding around on my property and we have hogs and bobcats so I want to be able to get to my guns quick without having to open up a case. Will send pictures and report on how this rack performs.

Curious to see how it works in conjunction with the Pioneer's roof. I too need a means to secure my rifle when heading to or from the stand.

Looks cool! Thanks for sharing!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
foggy said:
ohanacreek said:
Has anyone considered this

http://m.motorcycle-superstore.com/13/6 ... QgodgEkAgA

If you've got a windshield and roof water shouldn't be a problem. Probably get in the way of the shifter though.

I did consider it....but chose the case instead. I like the protection and the ease of access of the zipper from either side.....and gotta stay legal here.

Didn't consider that possibility. I plan on hunting my own land, and we are in an unincorporated area, so only my rules apply.
The only place here where they are required by law to be cased off-road anyway is on National Forest lands. Most hunting clubs around here like vertical storage so if an idiot leaves it loaded it fires up or down. Standard gun safety "a gun is always loaded never point it at something you don't want a hole in."
Roof mounted it'd be pointing at me when I got in or out. Same thing with the rear cage mount.

I am trying to figure out a boot mount that mounts to the cage/frame so I can still use the rear doors and dump bed. It would stick out but that's really MY only option with the rules I set for myself.

Call me paranoid and try to sell me Polar bear repellant if you want.

ACFTMD

ACFTMD

Aug 8, 2015
I just installed this double gun boot bracket an 2 boots from Koplin actually bought the the set up from sportsmans

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    155.5 KB · Views: 1,746
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    206.9 KB · Views: 2,952
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    121 KB · Views: 1,749
Reactions: bobbyhill and scott

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!