P1000 Drag Race - Ranger 900xp Vs. Honda Pioneer 1000!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Drag

Head to Head Drag Race.
Honda Pioneer 1000 VS Polaris Ranger 900xp.
It didn't matter who drove. The Pioneer smoked the xp every time!

Last edited:
HivoltageHonda

HivoltageHonda

Aug 6, 2015
Hernando, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Was this a Honda setup track? If so I figured would be bias. If not I'm very impressed because the ranger 900 is no slouch.

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
LOL!! She gone!

Reactions: Alexa
tig

tig

Apr 22, 2015
I wonder how close the P1K will be to a RZR 900 in a drag race. RZR has 7hp more than the Ranger and weighs a little less but it's geared a bit higher on the top end.

hondarock

hondarock

Jun 19, 2015
Anyone know the model year of the Ranger?

tig

tig

Apr 22, 2015
I'm sure it's the 68hp version if that's what you're asking haha.

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I am not concerned with the year make or model of the other SXS, I own a Honda and in the words of Larry the cable guy "get 'er done!" and It Does!

Reactions: Alexa and Duane
hondarock

hondarock

Jun 19, 2015
Doesn't make any difference to me actually, I was just curious. I don't do much drag racing on my trail rides. We usually line them up and run them off when a new one comes along just for scientific reference purposes to see if the numbers add up. Acceleration and top speed are kinda irrelevant when your average speed is less than 7 mph.

Reactions: Hondasxs
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Doesn't make any difference to me actually, I was just curious. I don't do much drag racing on my trail rides. We usually line them up and run them off when a new one comes along just for scientific reference purposes to see if the numbers add up. Acceleration and top speed are kinda irrelevant when your average speed is less than 7 mph.

Agreed BUT one of the complaints has been the performance out of the 700. Considering the 700 was an ATV power train first it works REALLY WELL but it didn't have the giddy-up the 1000 seems to possess.

The 1000 is looking like its going to be a solid machine, I'm hoping it has the legendary indestructibility of the Fourtrax 300. I really don't want to be buying another machine anytime soon.

Reactions: Alexa and bobbyhill
tig

tig

Apr 22, 2015
I'm sure it's the 68hp version if that's what you're asking haha.
No really, I'm sure. You'll just have to believe something you read on the internet haha. Totally agree on the 7mph sentiment though. Doesn't stop me from wanting a hotrod though :)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!