Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Does anyone know how to disconnect the engine brake? I don't know why anyone would want to be jerked around everytime they take theirfoot of the gas for a second. It's the worst thing I have ever seen put on a ride. Wish I had never bout it. I thought honda made the best but there is now way that transmission will hold up with all the noise jurking around it does.
If what you're saying is not an exaggeration I think you're either driving with the parking brake on or there is some other problem, that's not normal.

JimmyBemcreck

JimmyBemcreck

Jan 9, 2016
We recently acquired a 700 to operate on a resort in Fiji Islands. I have tested the engine brake on a few slopes (15 degrees), I can feel the brake engage, however, the vehicle speed climbs again quickly. Normal?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
We recently acquired a 700 to operate on a resort in Fiji Islands. I have tested the engine brake on a few slopes (15 degrees), I can feel the brake engage, however, the vehicle speed climbs again quickly. Normal?

That's pretty normal for 15 degrees. I have a 16 degree trail at my house and my 700 would roll pretty quick. I think the main problem is the lack of a low gear. I say that because my 1000-5 will roll pretty quick in high range but when I put it in low, it will walk slowly down the hill with out using brakes.

JimmyBemcreck

JimmyBemcreck

Jan 9, 2016
Thanks Joey. I will stock up on brake pads.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!