P700 Exhaust Silencer Recommendations?

U

USMMAN

May 27, 2016
south MS
Ownership

1. 700-4
First post from a new member. Tomorrow, I'm replacing my old, electric cart with a new, camo, Pioneer 700 4. Quietness was my only reason for going electric with the first cart, and exhaust noise is my only concern now with the new ride. I'm interested in a silencer, and I understand there are at least three companies making them - Benz (silent rider), Koplin, and Flomaster (hushpower).

Any recommendations, tips, and information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jack

ALSO: Thinking about the poly bed liner. The info says "easy installation & removal" - wondering how easy it is?

I think I answered my own question. I read some posts that indicated if the poly bed liner is not bolted in, it is easy to remove - sounds like a plan. I'll leave it in until the grandkids are ready for a ride, then pull it out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dp5hunter
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
@Dogjudge installed a silencer. Maybe he will chime in

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
And welcome to the club!! Congratulations on your new rig, you'll love it!

Reactions: USMMAN
H

hacksawjoe

Nov 24, 2015
Mill Hall Pa.
First post from a new member. Tomorrow, I'm replacing my old, electric cart with a new, camo, Pioneer 700 4. Quietness was my only reason for going electric with the first cart, and exhaust noise is my only concern now with the new ride. I'm interested in a silencer, and I understand there are at least three companies making them - Benz (silent rider), Koplin, and Flomaster (hushpower).

Any recommendations, tips, and information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jack

ALSO: Thinking about the poly bed liner. The info says "easy installation & removal" - wondering how easy it is?

I think I answered my own question. I read some posts that indicated if the poly bed liner is not bolted in, it is easy to remove - sounds like a plan. I'll leave it in until the grandkids are ready for a ride, then pull it out.
Hi ive got a 700-4 and installed a benz silent rider muffler on my machine and am really impressed with it didn't make it quiet like a car but you can at least carry on a conversation while riding

Vato

Vato

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2015
I experimented with an old cherry bomb style 3.5"X2.5' Onan generator muffler I had laying around the farm. Hand held the muffler intake pipe into the end of the Yoshimura muffler......a perfect fit.....and was astounded at how quite the 700 idled. That is as far as I have gone. To fit the Onan muffler to the 700 would take a little work to make it easy on easy off....maybe. LOL

I actually like the bark" of the Yoshimura Pipe but quite would be good in some situations!

Reactions: Tflynn
U

USMMAN

May 27, 2016
south MS
Ownership

1. 700-4
I experimented with an old cherry bomb style 3.5"X2.5' Onan generator muffler I had laying around the farm. Hand held the muffler intake pipe into the end of the Yoshimura muffler......a perfect fit.....and was astounded at how quite the 700 idled. That is as far as I have gone. To fit the Onan muffler to the 700 would take a little work to make it easy on easy off....maybe. LOL

I actually like the bark" of the Yoshimura Pipe but quite would be good in some situations!
Yeah, In my situation, quiet is better. Thanks for the info.

Dogjudge

Dogjudge

I did just install a silencer and spend this last weekend using the new units I have upgraded it. My only finding was that more heat seemed to come out between the front seats. I need to look into a heat deflector of some sorts as the dogs like to ride between my wife and I and it was pretty warm for them. I think the silencer added to it some but I have run it without very much to determine that for sure. As for the noise level, no doubt it was reduced and nothing noted in the power loss department.

Dogjudge

Dogjudge

If I could find a way to switch off the posi rear end, I would be a happier camper. My buggy became known quite quickly as the "golf cart on Steroids" The dogs loved it and the others were quite impressed.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
If I could find a way to switch off the posi rear end, I would be a happier camper. My buggy became known quite quickly as the "golf cart on Steroids" The dogs loved it and the others were quite impressed.
You could just remove one rear axle. I'm not positive it would work properly but it might. Just a thought

Dogjudge

Dogjudge

You could just remove one rear axle. I'm not positive it would work properly but it might. Just a thought
I think I will study that over, interesting concept. I am sure most of you are WTH is he thinking, should just bought a boring old golf cart. I have to say I really like this thing for what I do and will be doing so a few modifications may make it even better. any of the teckie mechanics feel the need to chime in?

B

bobhonda

Mar 17, 2015
I used "Diamond Soft Tiles" inside airbox to isolate the wide open throttle sound. and it makes a good result!
i would say 50% quieter?

let me know if someone tried that?

Reactions: bigbruse and Mainah
B

bobhonda

Mar 17, 2015
here is pictures...

DSCN1510 DSCN1511

M

Mainah

Aug 27, 2016
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
Where did you get that material? Did you glue it in or friction fit? Thanks for any info.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!