P700 EZsteer

Vato

Vato

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2015
Finally got the Ezsteer installed in the P700 and it took 6+ hours! Aftermarket heater and hoses and switch plate wiring and other things had to be rearranged under the hood. Yes, removed hood, fender, dash...grrrrrr. Shaft bolt rubbed brake switch...a PIA to fix.
Anyway, it's done.
Todays test ride along the Susquehanna River proved how the bump steer feedback is minimal to nonexistent (need more testing). This alone is worth the time and expense not to mention how much easier it is to back up and do a multi point turn in a tight spot (need to figure out how to make shifting D to R quicker). Power steering is not like a cars...but it is much much better than not having it.
I will be doing real world testing with three or four days of riding at the Pioneer Takeover. Might be the best accessory I have installed so far.....only time will tell.

Ezsteer

C

ckhenshaw4

Mar 1, 2014
Thanks for the write up. I am thinking about putting in power steering now that I have put on a BOSS plow. 400lbs more up front makes it a little harder to steer.

Vato

Vato

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2015
Thanks for the write up. I am thinking about putting in power steering now that I have put on a BOSS plow. 400lbs more up front makes it a little harder to steer.
I saw your Boss Plow install. WOW, you truly need the EZsteer. You won't regret installing it.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Power steering is a great addition. Not only is it easier to steer but it will reduce driver fatigue by eliminating bump steer. I would highly recommend it.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Power steering is a great addition. Not only is it easier to steer but it will reduce driver fatigue by eliminating bump steer. I would highly recommend it.
I second that! You would never think your steering would reduce driver fatigue that much but man does it! You'll want to drive all day, and you'll be able to

Vato

Vato

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2015
After 3 days and close to 100 miles of hard riding, EZsteer is AWESONE! Although it did not smooth out the tough Royal Blue trails...I'm beat up! No regrets installing it at all.

Reactions: scott
Lynn1130

Lynn1130

Jun 22, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-4
I finished the EZ Steer power steering install yesterday and it was not that difficult. I love it. I have not had a chance to give it a trail test yet but I think it is going to be a great addition and I know my wife is going to like it.

I took my time so I don't really know the total time for just the install. I worked three mornings on it, a little at a time. I did not remove the dash but did remove the fender, hood and loosened the windshield on the driver's side. There really was not any part of this that was terribly difficult just some phases that took some configuring and time fitting parts in. I did adjust the electronic box slightly right (facing the UTV) to keep from loosing too much of my storage space and pulled out and trimmed the partition between the fan and the storage space so that it fit.

Reactions: Tflynn
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yes it will steer even in 4 loc but be careful steering in 4 loc cuz u can snap a axel easily
Wait...What?
Are you saying the power steering is strong enough to over steer the limits?
Have you broken your?

Lynn1130

Lynn1130

Jun 22, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-4
"Yes it will steer even in 4 loc but be careful steering in 4 loc cuz u can snap a axel easily"

How do you know this?

M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
Wait...What?
Are you saying the power steering is strong enough to over steer the limits?
Have you broken your?
I sure have when u steer in 4 loc it doesn't have anything to give to in a bind so something gotta give up

Lynn1130

Lynn1130

Jun 22, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-4
Why would power steering make a difference. You could do the same thing without power.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
That's disheartening. EZSteer is in my cart to purchase as soon as I'm done with the A-arms. I didn't realize it was something that might facilitate me breaking something.

Just how likely am I to break an axel with the EZSteer

Lynn1130

Lynn1130

Jun 22, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-4
I seriously doubt that EZSteer is going to be the cause of anyone breaking an axle any more than putting fender flares is going to cause the wheels to fall off. Motorman is going to have to come up with more than saying that it will break it to convince anyone that that will happen or that if he did break an axle that that was the cause.

No relationship between cause and effect here. Just someone saying that power steering will break it.

Bottom line-Prove it.

And as an after thought. The original steering shaft was a one piece. That would be stronger that the two piece shaft and a motor that could strip gears.

Last edited:
M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
I seriously doubt that EZSteer is going to be the cause of anyone breaking an axle any more than putting fender flares is going to cause the wheels to fall off. Motorman is going to have to come up with more than saying that it will break it to convince anyone that that will happen or that if he did break an axle that that was the cause.

No relationship between cause and effect here. Just someone saying that power steering will break it.

Bottom line-Prove it.

And as an after thought. The original steering shaft was a one piece. That would be stronger that the two piece shaft and a motor that could strip gears.
I didn't say that it will break an axel by itself alone stock steering can break it in 4 loc what i was meaning was turning in 4 loc will bind the front axels up and could break one specially in a rut all I was meaning was that power steering makes it easier to turn before u realize that you have turned it very far

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!