P700 EZsteer

M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
That's disheartening. EZSteer is in my cart to purchase as soon as I'm done with the A-arms. I didn't realize it was something that might facilitate me breaking something.

Just how likely am I to break an axel with the EZSteer
Ezsteer isn't gonna make u break anything i was just saying watch turning alot in 4 loc specially down in a rut ezsteer just helps u turn easier therefore u might not realize how sharp u have turned i have ezsteer i just don't turn alot in 4 loc cuz i have break an axel with the wheels turned in 4 loc

Reactions: Gator
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
OK. That makes me feel better. I can see that.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The CV joint is at its most vulnerable points when at an angle. Even on my Toyota axled rock crawler you have to be careful when you are turned and slipping traction.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

Lynn1130

Lynn1130

Jun 22, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-4
Understand, but that is the CV and not the axle. I suppose that you could break an axle but it would be more likely that a weaker pressure point would give, such as the CV.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Understand, but that is the CV and not the axle. I suppose that you could break an axle but it would be more likely that a weaker pressure point would give, such as the CV.
I'm thinking they are talking about a failure of the CV part of the axle.

M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
as long as it doesn't break when u fall off in a dry hard rut like a lifted razor ul be ok sorry razor ppl i rode with many before day is over we have to go to trailer so they can change one out glad I don't gotta carry a spare

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Look what the Brown truck brought today!!!
20161005 145913

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Very cool! I'm guessing you've already read up on the installation? Any questions?
I know it's not the man way, but in my line of work I read instructions a couple of times before I start.
2 hours from start to finish. Only removed the plastic baffle between the radiator and back of dash.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
A great mod. Almost effortless in 4 lock.

Reactions: joeymt33 and Tflynn
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I know it's not the man way, but in my line of work I read instructions a couple of times before I start.
2 hours from start to finish. Only removed the plastic baffle between the radiator and back of dash.

im an instructions guy too, no shame in that! Glad you're liking the ps. You'll like it more the more you use it!

Reactions: Tramguage1
B

bigbruse

Jun 28, 2016
va
Ownership

1. 700-4
hey guys
about to install the ez steer power steering kit on my 2016 700-4 and wanted to know can i use the honda 08Z02-HL3-A00 accessory sub harness insted of just taping into the power key on? looking to make it as clean looking and reliable as possible. this route sounds better than just tapping into the one wire they tell you to. anybody use one of these harnesses?

thanks

Reactions: Montecresto
J

JTW

hey guys
about to install the ez steer power steering kit on my 2016 700-4 and wanted to know can i use the honda 08Z02-HL3-A00 accessory sub harness insted of just taping into the power key on? looking to make it as clean looking and reliable as possible. this route sounds better than just tapping into the one wire they tell you to. anybody use one of these harnesses?

thanks
I used it for my winch and work light switch power.. I don't know if it would handle the power steering draw.. how much is it pulling?

B

bigbruse

Jun 28, 2016
va
Ownership

1. 700-4
not sure how much it pulls but it says to hook the wire to the key power on wire.so i am assuming not much if you are just to suppose to tap into the one wire

Reactions: JTW
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
not sure how much it pulls but it says to hook the wire to the key power on wire.so i am assuming not much if you are just to suppose to tap into the one wire
Yeah it's a tiny wire so I doubt it's drawing much. I'd be more worried about it draining your battery while it's parked. You'd have to install a master on/off switch to avoid that.

Reactions: JTW
Lynn1130

Lynn1130

Jun 22, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-4
The two large power wires go to the battery and are the main power for the motor. That does not draw power until the "brain" comes on and the steering wheel is turned. The small wire that goes to a switched power source is power to the "brain" of the EZSteer and draws a very low amp. I have that wire on the same wire (ACC) as my LED bar. Not an issue.

Reactions: bigbruse and JTW
B

bigbruse

Jun 28, 2016
va
Ownership

1. 700-4
thank you all. I was thinking the accessory harness 08ZO2-HL3-A00 plugs into the same plug that they want you to tap into for the brain power . and I could juts run that single wire to this harness .

Lynn1130

Lynn1130

Jun 22, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-4
Could be and that would be a simple way of doing it if that is true. In my case I tapped the ACC wire and brought that to a Buss box that then allows me to easily connect multiple items to the fused connections in the box. I knew from past experience that I would add more items over time and would be searching for a wire to connect to.

Reactions: bigbruse
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Tapping into the acc wire as shown in the instructions is a very easy thing to do. I cut the wire completely and stripped all three ends and soldered them back together with shrink tube to protect it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tflynn
Ems-Cam

Ems-Cam

Lifetime Member
May 22, 2016
Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
So I joined the Power steering club. I found the upper shaft very difficult to install. Both ends needed to be spread to slide on and even then it was a pain. The bottom section of the shaft that has the bolt in the middle, I didn't see any directions for that. What did you all do?
As for performance, its not a effortless as I thought. But that being said, no matter what I was doing, it was the same, turning in 4 lock, climbing out a ditch where it wanted to turn before, it did exactly what I wanted with the same effort as light turning in 2 while moving.
Anyone piggy back the main power and ground off the winch block rather than going to the battery?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!