P500 front shock package

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
Ok cool let me know roughly how much you were saying in a earlier post 1hr to do fronts how long to do rears can we do it in one day ?
yes definitely 1 day if you have you bed off before you come up will save time amd let me work the numbers for you

Reactions: miano248
miano248

miano248

Sep 10, 2015
oceanside long island new york
yes definitely 1 day if you have you bed off before you come up will save time amd let me work the numbers for you
ya definitely ill take the bed off before I come up cause I viewed the pictures and see were the upper part of the shock mounts to and that angle the rear shocks are mounted works well better then factory ? is the stock mount for the rear shock on control arm still factory location ?

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
the lower is stock location and it is night and day difference they feel the same a the factory fox shock on the wildcat trails

C

Chooglin

Ok let's see what he wants to do and we shall go from there I'd like to see so pictures of rear mod and why are you getting rid of them ????
I set mine up a little different than the rest of the guys that have done this.

Reactions: jak9922
miano248

miano248

Sep 10, 2015
the lower is stock location and it is night and day difference they feel the same a the factory fox shock on the wildcat trails
well ive never test rode a wild cat trail cause not a popular machine around here only Hondas and the rubber band transmission utvs what they call piglaris

C

Chooglin

maybe ill see ya there cause the wife and I were thinking of that weekend also you getting a cabin or staying in one of the towns ?
We will be getting a cabin at Ashland resort or at Hawks Cabins , not sure wich one yet !

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
well ive never test rode a wild cat trail cause not a popular machine around here only Hondas and the rubber band transmission utvs what they call piglaris
pretty much equal to any nonpiggy back facory fox shock

Reactions: miano248
miano248

miano248

Sep 10, 2015
IMG 2367
Are these the shocks your talking about ?

chrisC

chrisC

Lifetime Member
Jul 4, 2015
Newfoundland, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
I have the same shock setup and it is great!
On slow rockcrawling trails you'll find that you are no longer bouncing off the seat ! The suspension actually works! My riding friends comment that the rops aren't swinging back and forth going up the rough trails....They can see the suspension doing its job. The tires stay planted like they should...Which helps with the open front end we have.
I use my friends Trail 700 limited occasionally.It has the Fox (non-piggyback).I don't know about being as good a ride....But it is light years better than stock.
You Will be impressed when you take Jak's for a spin!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
I have the same shock setup and it is great!
On slow rockcrawling trails you'll find that you are no longer bouncing off the seat ! The suspension actually works! My riding friends comment that the rops aren't swinging back and forth going up the rough trails....They can see the suspension doing its job. The tires stay planted like they should...Which helps with the open front end we have.
I use my friends Trail 700 limited occasionally.It has the Fox (non-piggyback).I don't know about being as good a ride....But it is light years better than stock.
You Will be impressed when you take Jak's for a spin!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
the trail has more travel but i think the compression and rebound feel about equal

Reactions: Dp5hunter

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!