P700m4 Front tire wear

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'm sure this has been discussed before but I couldn't find a clear cut resolution. I noticed my front tires have accelerated wear lately. How do I check/adjust alignment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I used a couple yard sticks and clamps to measure between the wheels. I adjusted the tie-rods until it was straight.

Some people say that it should have a slight (1/8") toe out but I didn't do it. I didn't think it matters on a vehicle that maxes out at 40mph and is used in dirt.

Signature:

QUOTE by Eltobgi, Honda...Strong enough for the Farm!...Dependable enough for everything else!

Reactions: LandPioneer
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Here's the pic of what I did:

5a13c111ddc8b05df384ea0408e4bde1

Reactions: LandPioneer
LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Update... I used a string method I found online. Sorry Joey, I didn't have any rulers laying around LOL. My front end was WAY out of alignment. I think I got it much closer to square. I did a test drive down the road and it seemed much easier to steer. I'll find out this weekend because I'm headed to Windrock right after I get off work :):cool::p

Reactions: joeymt33 and Tflynn
Lynn1130

Lynn1130

Jun 22, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-4
Mine looked a little like that when I bought it and I took it back in to the dealer. They checked it and found it in alignment. The tech told me that the front end will do that when you turn the wheels while parking or stopping but if you drive a few feet you see that it lines up. I did that and he was correct. Something with the suspension flexing with weight.

Get in front and have someone drive it at you and see what it looks like. But be sure it is someone you trust to stop before they get to you :)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!