ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That stuff is slick(self lubricating) it will slide across almost everything and tough. Too expensive though, I'll get the same guy who made the switch plates to cut one out for me, out of a single piece on his cad-cam table.

SSSOFFROAD

SSSOFFROAD

Aug 1, 2014
UTAH/ARIZONA
To cut the 100% UHMW with a circular can be done but it is not easy. We also recess both side for bends and for pieces to fit together tightly. This is precisely done with our Multi Cam machine. Also to engineer this not to have any lips or pieces that can get caught is a process.

I am all about making things myself, that is how I was able to get into this.

You will receive a skid that will cover your under body from your nose to the tail. This skid will be designed within 1/32 of inch and will be a tight fit. It will not catch and it will protect your machine. The hardware needed is also included.

G

gtaclone

Aug 20, 2014
I am really considering buying this skid plate. I have had my 700-4 for 2 1/2 months and i have 700+miles have replaced nets, front bumper, and front roll cage. We are new to trail riding so we had a rough start. BUT if this skid plate is what they say it is my kids will be the ones to test it. OH yeah we have three bent rims and LF control arm at the moment cause the train tracks came out of nowhere on my boys......Thats their story

Reactions: bobbyhill
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
gtaclone said:
I am really considering buying this skid plate. I have had my 700-4 for 2 1/2 months and i have 700+miles have replaced nets, front bumper, and front roll cage. We are new to trail riding so we had a rough start. BUT if this skid plate is what they say it is my kids will be the ones to test it. OH yeah we have three bent rims and LF control arm at the moment cause the train tracks came out of nowhere on my boys......Thats their story

Welcome to the forum, glad your boys are alright, surviving the crash and you afterwards. Please send pics and tell their story it'd be nice to see what the Pioneer can hold up to.

If you have any questions and can't find the answers please don't hesitate to reach out the members have been very helpful.

Reactions: JTW
SSSOFFROAD

SSSOFFROAD

Aug 1, 2014
UTAH/ARIZONA
gtaclone said:

Happy to help anyway I can. Feel free to respond here or email me [email protected]

J

justbarriault

Jul 21, 2014
I had one of these on my Polaris Ranger and they work very well. I do a lot of rock crawling and it slides nice, is quiet, and stuck out a hair beyond the sides to protect the machine rubbing against trees and rocks. I just can't figure out why it was $300 less than this one. I think it's lack of competition yet but they'll come. I'll buy one for my Pioneer when they're $600

SSSOFFROAD

SSSOFFROAD

Aug 1, 2014
UTAH/ARIZONA
justbarriault said:
I had one of these on my Polaris Ranger and they work very well. I do a lot of rock crawling and it slides nice, is quiet, and stuck out a hair beyond the sides to protect the machine rubbing against trees and rocks. I just can't figure out why it was $300 less than this one. I think it's lack of competition yet but they'll come. I'll buy one for my Pioneer when they're $600

The 700 2 seater will be around $600, the 4 seater and the 500 was the one I was discussing.

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
a 4x8 sheet of this can be bought for 180.00 the machining and cutting shouldnt be a problem

SSSOFFROAD

SSSOFFROAD

Aug 1, 2014
UTAH/ARIZONA
100% UHMW and 100% USA made 3/8" skid plates, arm guards

PM me or email me at [email protected]

DISCOUNTED SKIDS.

ALL USABLE but have cosmetic issues, extra holes or large scratches.

Who needs one of these.

5 - Honda Pioneer 700 2-seater
1 - Honda Pioneer 500

ONLY A FEW LEFT OF THE DISCOUNTED BUNCH

HONDA 700 2 seater Normal price $595 discounted price $300 plus actual shipping cost

Honda 500 (only have the one ) $545 discounted price $290 plus actual shipping cost

EMAIL ME

[email protected]

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Anyone ever see a diamond plate skid?

I just searched for them. They look awesome

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Anyone ever see a diamond plate skid?

I just searched for them. They look awesome

Yes they look good, but on gravel the dingin' and a clangin' is enough to drive you insane. UHMW material slides over the nasty rocks better, doesn't add noise when in operation, and will not dent tear like aluminum. I've had both and I will never go back to metal skids again.

Reactions: joeymt33
G

green02crew

Jan 12, 2015
Just something to keep in mind with UHMW skids, they have flex in them that other materials may not have. Look closely at the frame in this picture behind the screw hole. Decent dent, there are others that I don't want to see! I can't imagine if I had no protection!

96d11358a734ab366d3dd42605cde538

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
I couldn't believe it the first time I looked under mine, which was prompted byCompleted and installed 1 Completed and installed 2 Completed and installed 3 Completed and installed 4 me getting lifted up in my seat by a branch that was kicked up when I went over it. There is absolutely nothing under the drivers seat to protect your *ss. So I made full skid plates out of 1/4" aluminum plate. I wrapped it up some in the front to protect my feet, and way up in back to protect my- you get the idea. I did not cover the existing gas tank plate, but I might make a separate piece later.

Jait25

Jait25

Sep 28, 2016
Hope BC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's awesome, nice work. Been thinking of trying that too with the aluminum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice job, turned out very good!

Reactions: JWB
JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks Manwell and Jait25. I really appreciate compliments. Gotta warn ya- this was a p.o.a. because I really don't have the equipment to do the bends you see. At one point I actually made a crude form on the ground and drove my truck onto the plate to bend it, then used hammers, clamps, cussing, etc. to form the bends where I wanted them. The cutting and countersinking was relatively straight forward, but time consuming. I copied the originals as closely as possible, and pretty much 'eyeballed' the rest. If I had to do it again, I would make it out of 3/8" lexan- that stuff is insanely tough, but you can form it with a heat gun, and once it cools- it will not bend or break.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I couldn't believe it the first time I looked under mine, which was prompted byView attachment 27775 View attachment 27776 View attachment 27777 View attachment 27778 me getting lifted up in my seat by a branch that was kicked up when I went over it. There is absolutely nothing under the drivers seat to protect your *ss. So I made full skid plates out of 1/4" aluminum plate. I wrapped it up some in the front to protect my feet, and way up in back to protect my- you get the idea. I did not cover the existing gas tank plate, but I might make a separate piece later.
Very nice job that looks great

Reactions: JWB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!