BOX1

Heater install, how much antifreeze?

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
I'm getting ready to install my heater (from honda), I know I'll need some antifreeze, can anyone who has installed one tell roughly how how antifreeze I should get from the dealership before I start the install?

Tnx Ben

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Not sure how much extra you'll need. When you drain it out of the motor you'll probably lose some , I'am always mananged to lose some no matter how careful I've been. The extra heater hose's will take some so to be safe just buy a gal jug. You'll always use it some place. I've always just gotten my Anti freeze from the local parts place, just make sure it's Aluminum compatiable.

Reactions: QuadMan747
allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
if it were out of warranty I wouldn't hesitate to use the stuff in my garage. I'd rather spend the extra and avoid any hassles down the road. I think honda sells it premixed in quarts (probably $20 a quart) so I just going to grab 3 of them, any thing i don't use I'll bring back.

M

mole

Mar 3, 2016
Belle Vernon,Pa.
I'm getting ready to install my heater (from honda), I know I'll need some antifreeze, can anyone who has installed one tell roughly how how antifreeze I should get from the dealership before I start the install?

Tnx Ben
I ended up using almost 2 qts.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!