Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I found this on my never ending quest for accessories for my Pioneer. It's a big bore kit from high lifter that takes our 700's (which I believe are truly 675's? Someone correct me if I'm wrong) up to 715's as I understand it. So with this kit you gain around 40cc. Just curious to know everyone's thoughts on big bore kits as I have no experience with them. What do you guys think?

http://www.highlifter.com/p-1435-bi...-650680-big-red-700-pioneer-700-see-apps.aspx

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Nice find, I figured the Rincon parts should just move right over. Glad HL has confirmed this for us. Not too bad a price for 40 cc's.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
That's what I thought. Of course the install probably consists of a trip to the machine shop so who knows what that would cost

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I personally have not done a big bore kit. I have researched them in the past, by conclusion is that the quality of the aftermarket parts is not good so they do not last very long at all.

Doing the research, I did find out that by increasing the compression you could gain more power and you would not have to change as many parts.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I personally have not done a big bore kit. I have researched them in the past, by conclusion is that the quality of the aftermarket parts is not good so they do not last very long at all.

Doing the research, I did find out that by increasing the compression you could gain more power and you would not have to change as many parts.

As I read into it, I came to the same conclusions. It seemed to be a crap shoot as to whether the motor grenaded in 5 miles or lasted forever.

The 1000 should be 50% more powerful than the 700 I'll be fine.

Reactions: joeymt33
bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
What does 40CC convert to in HP and Torque?

C

classichonda

Jul 12, 2015
Figure i've seen is 36hp for stock p700. Based upon 675cc, you are talking about 18.75cc per HP. At this rate, 40cc gets you 2.13 horsepower.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I wonder if you would even feel that? SXS's are still new to me, I know on a dirtbike you can feel a 1 HP increase and on a Diesel truck you need to add about 40 HP to feel it. But when you break it down in percentages I calculate the big bore kit gives you a 6% increase in power? Is that right? Doesn't seem worth it if my math is right (it's probably not). Then I wonder would the BB kit magnify other power add ons like intake and exhaust? It has to right? Someone just needs to try it but I don't want to be the guinea pig!!

Reactions: bobbyhill
bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I wonder if you would even feel that? SXS's are still new to me, I know on a dirtbike you can feel a 1 HP increase and on a Diesel truck you need to add about 40 HP to feel it. But when you break it down in percentages I calculate the big bore kit gives you a 6% increase in power? Is that right? Doesn't seem worth it if my math is right (it's probably not). Then I wonder would the BB kit magnify other power add ons like intake and exhaust? It has to right? Someone just needs to try it but I don't want to be the guinea pig!!
My thoughts as well....!

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Figure i've seen is 36hp for stock p700. Based upon 675cc, you are talking about 18.75cc per HP. At this rate, 40cc gets you 2.13 horsepower.
Thanks for doing the math for me! it would of taken me 12 hours, a calculator and my socks and shoes off to figure that out!

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The big bore kits also have a different compression ratio so they make more power that way as well. So, maybe 2 hp with the increased displacement and a couple more with the increased compression. Then add a different cam to give you the power at the RPM you desire and it should be noticeable.

The problem is for how long will it be noticeable before it goes ?

Other things may come up like fuel consumption, over heating, excessive heat for the passengers, warranty issues, etc
I love to modify things when I've got the time but this may not be one of them. I would consider a new standard bore piston to increase compression and a port job on the head but that's about it for me.

Joe

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yes that's the problem for me too. I value reliability over power but I would love to have both

bagotaco

bagotaco

Apr 16, 2015
I've had a big bore kit on my dirt bike for years now. It provided a very noticeable power gain in the low end. As for reliability, I have over 100 hours on it since the install. I ride my bike way harder then I'll ever drive my 700 so I think if installed right it will be just fine.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!