BOX1

Homemade Snorkel for Pioneer

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Made the snorkel out of 2" pvc and some 2" Rad hose. Most bends are either a 45 or 22.5 degrees.Only one bend is a 90. I have mine running along the outside of the frame on the drivers side and the air intake is right by the Rad cap. I used a filter right at the spot where it draws air. The pipe in that area is actually angled downwards so that if any rain or water gets into that spot it's not going to be running into the pipe. I used 2" rad hose in a few spots so that I can take all the pvc pipe etc: off if I want to. The 2" Rad hose is also used to go into the filter box. I put a piece of 2" pvc inside the Rad hose right at the filter box so that I was able to use a gear clamp to seal the hose to the Filter box. My first attempt was to run the pipe between the Skid plate and the floor but when I tried doing that I ended up with way to many bends etc: The way That I have it set up the Pioneer runs like its supposed to.
If I was to do this again I'd go and get some Air seeder suction hose rather then using pvc. This way there wouldn't be any joints or sharper bends,you could just run the hose from the filter box to where you want the intake. BTW the air seeder hose comes in different sizes so you could use a bigger hose if you want.

Pioneer snorkel 001 Small Pioneer snorkel 003 Small Pioneer snorkel 005 Small Pioneer snorkel 008 Small

Reactions: solrus
T

Tufelhundin

May 23, 2015
Louisiana
Bringing this up to the top, at my 100 mile service on my P2 I checked the air filter and was shocked by the fact I could not tell that the stock filter was supposed to be yellow. I'm down in NE Louisiana and I spend a lot of time riding on turn rows of corn fields to get to and from the woods the dust is so deep here that full size trucks are actually dragging bottom. This is my fault for I didn't do enough reading to know about the dirt/dust problem when you add a cab to the P2. Due to the fact that I do a lot of riding in the woods I'm leery of running a snorkel high along the side, but I do like the above idea on running it to the radiator. Would anyone happen to have the list of parts needed to do this, I figured I would ask since it has been done by a couple of people "been doing a ton of reading since first service". Any help with this will be greatly appreciated for Im heading to the Honda store this week as well to get a new filter so I can replace the old one and start cleaning the older one.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@slowdryrider Thanks for posting your setup and thoughts of how you might do it differently. I have been looking at different snorkel options and am wanting to stay away from the rigid PVC pipe.

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Made the snorkel out of 2" pvc and some 2" Rad hose. Most bends are either a 45 or 22.5 degrees.Only one bend is a 90. I have mine running along the outside of the frame on the drivers side and the air intake is right by the Rad cap. I used a filter right at the spot where it draws air. The pipe in that area is actually angled downwards so that if any rain or water gets into that spot it's not going to be running into the pipe. I used 2" rad hose in a few spots so that I can take all the pvc pipe etc: off if I want to. The 2" Rad hose is also used to go into the filter box. I put a piece of 2" pvc inside the Rad hose right at the filter box so that I was able to use a gear clamp to seal the hose to the Filter box. My first attempt was to run the pipe between the Skid plate and the floor but when I tried doing that I ended up with way to many bends etc: The way That I have it set up the Pioneer runs like its supposed to.
If I was to do this again I'd go and get some Air seeder suction hose rather then using pvc. This way there wouldn't be any joints or sharper bends,you could just run the hose from the filter box to where you want the intake. BTW the air seeder hose comes in different sizes so you could use a bigger hose if you want.

View attachment 1055 View attachment 1056 View attachment 1057 View attachment 1058

How did your snorkel last ? Any leaks? Maintenance?

I'm about to snorkel mine too, not sure which way to do it.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!