BOX1

Honda Pioneer 700 Custom Turbo!

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
300 miles on the turbo last weekend. it ran really good. the thing will pull the rev limiter up hill. that's cool. anything over 8 psi boost throws a check engine light it goes out when you let of. 8 psi is more than enough so I left it there. 15 mpg on the tank of fuel I checked. I can still make over a 100 miles on a tank that's as good before. I could turn down the cruse afr and gain a couple of mpg's if needed.

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
300 miles on the turbo last weekend. it ran really good. the thing will pull the rev limiter up hill. that's cool. anything over 8 psi boost throws a check engine light it goes out when you let of. 8 psi is more than enough so I left it there. 15 mpg on the tank of fuel I checked. I can still make over a 100 miles on a tank that's as good before. I could turn down the cruse afr and gain a couple of mpg's if needed.
Sounds great!! Time to Start selling the Kit and remember Members get the install for free!!:D

Reactions: nikeboy1247
C

celticknight76

Jul 29, 2014
So did you end up going with the Rincon reduction gear or a different cam?

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
welcome to the club @celticknight76 !!

C

celticknight76

Jul 29, 2014
Thanks bobbyhill, spifyd or anyone else for that matter any ideas on making a gear reduction for the front and back to create a low range?

C

celticknight76

Jul 29, 2014
you bring it ill install it. I would love to do another.
What kind of price range we lookin at? And youre from TN right? I might be interested in bringing mine down this winter to get done.

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
now that I've decided to definitely go with the rincon gearing there is none on eBay for real price so I'll have to wait it out Until there is

no I'm from New Hampshire not Tennessee. I just like to spend time down there.

Reactions: celticknight76
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The rincon gearing is actually higher ratio right?

I would love to add lower gearing. Actually, I will as soon as I have time to figure out how to do it or as soon as someone else produces a kit.

Please keep us posted. I'd love for that to be my next mod.

Joe

C

celticknight76

Jul 29, 2014
The rincon gearing is actually higher ratio right?

I would love to add lower gearing. Actually, I will as soon as I have time to figure out how to do it or as soon as someone else produces a kit.

Please keep us posted. I'd love for that to be my next mod.

Joe
I think if I'm understanding everything that's went on during the install up to this point running with the stock gearing and the turbo is like having a low gear. Installing the Rincon gearing would level out the power some and give you more top end. That's just how I'm reading it though so by all means correct me if I'm wrong anyone.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That's what I think too. I was just hoping that someone had a low gear set up figered out.

I really want to install a planetary gear out on the end of the A-arms. That would make it wider, lifted, and gear reduction all in one. That would be great.

Last edited:
spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
(I think if I'm understanding everything that's went on during the install up to this point running with the stock gearing and the turbo is like having a low gear. Installing the Rincon gearing would level out the power some and give you more top end. That's just how I'm reading it though so by all means correct me if I'm wrong anyone.)

the answer is yes your right. I have more bottom end than I can use I am not really looking for more speed but less rpm at the speeds I use. the last time out I only had it shift down to first gear 1 time other than stopping.

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
awesome set up spifyd and this was a great read I just have a few questions first is ur running 91 or over octane gas right???? second what is your wot afr??

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
no high octane using low. with 8.2 compression level no pinging at all. I am seeing 125 to 128 deg air intake temps at 80 deg out side air.
I usually set wot to 12.5. I set 13.5 mid range and shoot for 14 on low no boost levels. I have to have the mid range come in at boost levels witch is just off idle. I almost never see the 12.5 setting come in.
i cant say I had it wide open all weekend. no need to even climbing mountains. only exception would be high speed hills 30 to 40 mph.

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
The 12.5 is perfect and with any boosted app its best to run at least 91 but seeing how u have no ping now I would bet u could raise fewmore psi of boost running 91oct and shooting for 12.0-12.5 wot afr

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
anything over 8 psi turns on the check engine light, it goes right out when I stop but it drives me crazy. it does like 10 psi. 12 psi the trains cant shift fast enough to keep up with the motor. at 12 psi its in first gear for about 1 second.

I can set the dobeck gen 4 to any afr I want and it will maintain it. my injector is good for 65 hp so I have plenty of injector left.
some times you cant find 91 where I ride so I don't bother trying. my set up has to work everywhere.

Reactions: jak9922
spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
ha your not that far away from us. if you ever need a tour guide in nh send me a pm. the Jericho rally is coming up at the end of the month.

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
I would love to but baby is due in aug I cant really go far from home until after

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!