Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
5evabygyA7anu9apThe Pioneer is a huge improvement over the old Big Red but they still lack storage.  Keep your luggage, gear, or just about anything dry and within view by adding this handy front rack kit.  This rack kit holds up to 80 lbs. of gear and keep everything in place with the large wrap around rail.  Heavy duty mounting brackets simply bolt to your machine, no modifying is necessary to install.  The black powdercoat finish will stay looking great for years.  All hardware and mounting instructions are included.  Need to get under the hood?  No problem, just release the two large knobs and the rack will pivot up and out of the way, no tools required!  You won't find a better setup to carry extra gear than this ingenious rack kit.

Fits all 2014 Pioneer and Pioneer-4 models.

Price: $244.95

- See more at: http://fuse-powersports.com/products-pa ... 7Avfn.dpuf

P

pioneerlynn

May 17, 2014
Is it me... Or does this give it a look like the 500 has.

Good idea.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Probably keeps it a lot cleaner than my homemade rear rack.
6a3ary4y

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Its sort of makes the machine look more like a quad on the front.What I'd rather have liked would have been more storage area in the cab,I'am sure that if Honda wanted they could have made more storage built into the dash.There's lots of room under the hood of the Pioneer to have done that.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The glove box could've been rad deeper if they had utilized all the space available over there and put switches in the middle where a lot of people seem to put them instead of that fugly liability placard. It not big enough for much of anything. The under hood space in the center needs to be there for those that want/ need a heater but a storage solution should be offered that takes it's place.

Reactions: HappyHonda
B

bmitche4

Aug 26, 2015
5evabygyA7anu9apThe Pioneer is a huge improvement over the old Big Red but they still lack storage. Keep your luggage, gear, or just about anything dry and within view by adding this handy front rack kit. This rack kit holds up to 80 lbs. of gear and keep everything in place with the large wrap around rail. Heavy duty mounting brackets simply bolt to your machine, no modifying is necessary to install. The black powdercoat finish will stay looking great for years. All hardware and mounting instructions are included. Need to get under the hood? No problem, just release the two large knobs and the rack will pivot up and out of the way, no tools required! You won't find a better setup to carry extra gear than this ingenious rack kit.

Price: $244.95

Getting ready to bolt this on tomorrow, but looking to add a windshield. I need one that hinges up of folds down. I need to be able to slide a rifle through the front when I'm up in the mountains coyote hunting:) Will this front rack impede a fold down version? I like the Kolpin full tilts, but they do not look like they open near enough. Does someone make one that opens 90 degrees with the old gas shocks or something similiar?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Getting ready to bolt this on tomorrow, but looking to add a windshield. I need one that hinges up of folds down. I need to be able to slide a rifle through the front when I'm up in the mountains coyote hunting:) Will this front rack impede a fold down version? I like the Kolpin full tilts, but they do not look like they open near enough. Does someone make one that opens 90 degrees with the old gas shocks or something similiar?

This might work with that rack, can definitely drop down to eliminate varmints.

http://ftdcabs.com/honda-pioneer-700-folding-windshield/

Here is a cheaper one but you may get what you pay for too.

http://www.amazon.com/HONDA-PIONEER-WINDSHIELD-AMERICA-SHIPPING/dp/B00H7KJ3OK/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Last edited:
bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
@bmitche4 I hope you post some pictures and write a reveiw on your new rack.

T

Tufelhundin

May 23, 2015
Louisiana
I was looking at that front rack as well but from just looking at it I wasn't sure if the folding Honda windshield would fit due to the way they both seemed to need to be mounted in the same spot/area. Cant wait to see how this works out.

Antlerboy

Antlerboy

Oct 13, 2015
Just checking in to see if there's been any progress made on your hood rack?

Thanks

Buryit

Buryit

Sep 18, 2015
National Forest, NW AR
Decided I will be building my own using angle iron from old bed rails. Lots of that scrap around. Will bolt it together and later weld where needed. I just can't see it being worth what I see being charged for them.

Not in any hurry to even start building one but when I do I will document it somewhat and post.

Reactions: Russel
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I saw another post some where some one purchases a atv cargo rack from Harbor Freight for about $40. This rack is made to go in the receiver hitch of the rig, but they made a few brackets and installed it on the hood. Looked very neat and professional at a fraction of the cost. This is what I am going to try when I get the ambition.
Image 21279

Reactions: franzw and Buryit
franzw

franzw

Jan 2, 2016
pacific nothwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I saw another post some where some one purchases a atv cargo rack from Harbor Freight for about $40. This rack is made to go in the receiver hitch of the rig, but they made a few brackets and installed it on the hood. Looked very neat and professional at a fraction of the cost. This is what I am going to try when I get the ambition. View attachment 6977
Can you get more info on this rack, I'd number on harbor freight, this would be great for hauling game back to camp. Thanks.

Russel

Russel

Apr 26, 2016
Kodiak, AK
Ownership

1. 700-4
Decided I will be building my own using angle iron from old bed rails. Lots of that scrap around. Will bolt it together and later weld where needed. I just can't see it being worth what I see being charged for them.

Not in any hurry to even start building one but when I do I will document it somewhat and post.
I'm thinking about doing the same thing and weld up a front rack and even a rear rack/basket.

Dawg

Dawg

Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2016
Ga
Ownership

1. 700-4
Did this rack work with a windshield?

PapaBear13

PapaBear13

Nov 28, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 700-2
251 - Front Basket Rack For Honda Pioneer 700 2014-2017
Let me know how that front rack works for you. I'm wanting that one or the one from strong made.
I have a Pioneer 700 with the Upgraded front Brush Guard. Purchased the Strong made wire basket [HASHTAG]#251[/HASHTAG]. The hardward is for the standard brush guard. I purchased 2 Rugged Ridge Clamps for a 2” Brush guard and turned the “L” bracket clamp and attached to the pre drilled holes in the front brace down to the top run of the brush guard. Works well. Very minimal mods to make it work on the upgraded brush guard.

Front Zoom Front

Reactions: swsebek
R

Rawlins_88

Mar 8, 2022
Redding, California
Ownership

1. 700-2
View attachment 27245View attachment 27246The Pioneer is a huge improvement over the old Big Red but they still lack storage. Keep your luggage, gear, or just about anything dry and within view by adding this handy front rack kit. This rack kit holds up to 80 lbs. of gear and keep everything in place with the large wrap around rail. Heavy duty mounting brackets simply bolt to your machine, no modifying is necessary to install. The black powdercoat finish will stay looking great for years. All hardware and mounting instructions are included. Need to get under the hood? No problem, just release the two large knobs and the rack will pivot up and out of the way, no tools required! You won't find a better setup to carry extra gear than this ingenious rack kit.

Price: $244.95

Does anybody still sell this rack for the pioneer 700. Thank you

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!