Hot seat??

Simpleman

Simpleman

Nov 19, 2014
Yuba City, California
Here in California i ride in temps ranging from 105 degrees to the teens. I installed a sound deadening and heat reflective "hood" mat from Jegs on the entire seat bottom area as well as insulated the gas tank air intake and air box with this tech. It allows for a cooler intake temp and as well cuts down the radiant heat put off from the motor. The sound was quieted down much as well. I also took a rubber garage mat say 1/8" thick and made a heat/sound/dust shield that runs under the seat up the back of the roll cage too. It cut down the amount of trail dust coming into the air intake area. I hear the intake resonance more than the motor at times now. Also i installed header wrap on the exhaust tubing and heat is a non issue. Gets a little cool in the winter though! Most of my riding is spring through fall so not a big deal....just wear more clothes. During hunting season I'll drive all day at low speeds and the seat never gets hot. This is all installed with full undercarriage skid plates too so air flow at low speeds can less and increase temps. The most bang for your buck would be header wrap and heat defective material around the seat area...

bagotaco

bagotaco

Apr 16, 2015
Did you take the header off to install it?

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
Mine didn't use to get too hot but now it is. I rode like 20 miles on the road avg. speed 30-40. It got really hot. It does seem to get hot and stay hot a lot faster and more than it use too. Idk why.

Simpleman

Simpleman

Nov 19, 2014
Yuba City, California
Did you take the header off to install it?
No I did not. I did take all the factory heat shields off of the pipe and wrapped it directly from the head to the muffler. I used DEI titanium header wrap. 2 rolls i think 25-50' each for tight wraps. This dramatically cut down the heat. I also used Jegs brand hood liner material and insulated the entire seat area as well as the gas tank and intake assembly which quieted things down and keeps it all very very cool. Also I used a vinyl garage mat under the seat up the back rest area to block dust noise and heat. took some time but was well worth the effort.

Reactions: bagotaco
bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I just bought mine and installed a soft cab on it right away. and I will say that I have found that in 40-50deg temp there is no need for a heater. the heat doesn't come from my seat but from the seat box and from behind the seat.

Johnny

Johnny

Jun 22, 2015
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Hi all, purchased a 700-4 a couple of months ago. I basically found this forum searching for this particular problem.
I used to be a crazy hit every hill and jump I could find on a 4-wheeler, didn't know I had osteoporosis in my 30's and totally ruined my tailbone and spine...

So now I ride slow, this Honda is a really good comfortable ride.
Butt, (pun intended) riding slow after a while my seat belt connectors, and all behind my legs with shorts on, very uncomfortable.

So thanks to advice/suggestions after reading this post I'm going to try to add some fireproof insulation under the seating area, out of the way to not irritate my dealer service guy to help this broke down ex-coalminer enjoy some slow rides in the hills around here. ☺

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome to the Club @Johnny !!!

B

Burwell

Mar 11, 2017
Warner Robins GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a question for owners of the new pioneer that has had it out riding it some. Does the seats or any of the inside part of the cab heat up and get hot to where it's uncomfortable to set in? I've rode a polaris XP ranger a few times and that thing would cook your rear, especially if you sat in the center. I'm just curious if the exhaust of the pioneer heats things up too. I'm looking at the two seater for my dad. He will mostly use it on the farm checking cattle and such. Any help would be appreciated, thanks
My Pioneer 1000-5 gets hot as a pistol. I called Honda and spoke to a technician who told me there are no fix kits for it. They took my S/N down and told me that they are looking into it.... What ever that means...

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes heat is a problem in my experience. Had my grown son and his wife in the back and they cooked, said they would never ride in back seats again. I installed the under seat insulation and a fan so front is now ok but back seats are useless in the heat riding slow. I don't understand why people refuse to admit there is a problem. If we could all get together Honda might just might come up with a solution. Honda needs to know even if you have repaired the problem yourself that the heat is a problem. Who wants to dump 20k then start spending $ to making it comfortable to ride. "Call Honda and complain!" if you noticed a problem, if not don't bash the rest of us saying there is no problem and fix it yourself. make the call for the rest of us.

Reactions: Burwell
Fastbuck101

Fastbuck101

Dec 8, 2018
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I installed header thermal heat wrap on mine, reduced perceived cockpit heat over 50% and decreased engine resonance and noise so much all I hear is the air snorkel intake now.

View attachment 33524
I was looking at some carbon fiber wrap from Thermo-Tec. Is that what you used? How does it adhere, and can it be removed after it's cooked on there?

ram5451

ram5451

Nov 17, 2016
Tallahassee
Ownership

1. 500
I made a shield to cover the opening between the back seat and the dump bed. keeps heat and steam off your hips. still have some heat the pass through the seat belt slots. The wife is more comfy, and a comfy wife is a nicer ride.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!