How tall tire to go without any rubbing???

T

toomuch

Jun 11, 2015
With the Super ATV lift I am running 28-9-12 Front and 28-11-12 Rear Mega Mayhems. I put it thru the paces here and I got no rubbing and no noticeable loss of power!!!
Are you happy with the Super ATV lift and are you still running your stock axles?

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome to the Club @toomuch !! yes I am running Stock axles and rims. I love my setup!

T

toomuch

Jun 11, 2015
Welcome to the Club @toomuch !! yes I am running Stock axles and rims. I love my setup!
Thank you for the welcome. Do you run your machine hard? No EPS, How is the steering with the bigger tires? Did you lose power?

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thank you for the welcome. Do you run your machine hard? No EPS, How is the steering with the bigger tires? Did you lose power?
Yes the trails are hard here, shocks will bottom out with no rubbing. I don't have EPS and it steers fine with no noticeable loss in power.

T

toomuch

Jun 11, 2015
Yes the trails are hard here, shocks will bottom out with no rubbing. I don't have EPS and it steers fine with no noticeable loss in power.
Thanks I appreciate the info. I had my 2014 Pioneer 700-2 Camo for a year now and I think it is time to jazz it up a little with no loss of performance. When I bought it all I did to it was add A-Arm guards and a hard top. So I want to lift it now and add bigger tires to it.

Reactions: bobbyhill
Wingnurse32

Wingnurse32

Jun 3, 2015
Dutton, AL
I just installed the Mudbuster fender extensions on my 700-4, and the 27" front tires now rub at full turn. Just a FYI. I wouldn't want to ride it without the fender extensions though.

T

Tufelhundin

May 23, 2015
Louisiana
@Wingnurse32 did you get the mud flaps as well? Reason I ask is that Chad "Mudbusters" recommended that I didn't get them with my 27 Megas. Im eventually going to get a set but as of right now I have zero rubbing but I also have a Super ATV lift as well.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Wingnurse I run 28s and mine rub the bolts on the muddbusters,but it sounds worse than it is.I would never go without the flaps again.
Tufel how do you like the lift

Reactions: Wingnurse32
bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
@swsebek I have the SuperATV lift and its worth every penny and it is not expensive! they have great customer service too!

Reactions: swsebek
T

Tufelhundin

May 23, 2015
Louisiana
I like it a lot, @bobbyhill has commented on his a few times and that is the main reason I chose SuperATV for mine. I went with the Megas as well but I decided to go with 27's for I use mine to mainly work in the woods all summer and hunt during the winter, plus I'm a big ITP fan and 589's served me well and for a very long time on my old foreman. The reason I got the lift was to get more clearance and chose the 27's because I really just didnt need/want a 28. I will say that I measured my 27's before I mounted them and they were right at 27" maybe just shy. 27x9x14 and 27x11x14.

Wingnurse32

Wingnurse32

Jun 3, 2015
Dutton, AL
@Wingnurse32 did you get the mud flaps as well? Reason I ask is that Chad "Mudbusters" recommended that I didn't get them with my 27 Megas. Im eventually going to get a set but as of right now I have zero rubbing but I also have a Super ATV lift as well.
I did get the ones with mud flaps but I didn't really understand the difference until I'd already ordered them. I agree with Chad. If ever need more they won't have mud flaps. I like the way the other looks better.

swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
@ bobbyhill and tufelhundin,Thanks. I will be ordering the 2inch lift,I also want to get 2015 front shocks,Right now I have a one inch spacer.I want to get my shock travel back.Is there anything else I need to know about these lifts for our machines.I will be putting it on myself.Any tips or warnings to look out for during the install.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Don't get a HighLifter

swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Im going to go with the super atv 2" lift.as long as no one talks me out of it.

Wingnurse32

Wingnurse32

Jun 3, 2015
Dutton, AL
@ bobbyhill and tufelhundin,Thanks. I will be ordering the 2inch lift,I also want to get 2015 front shocks,Right now I have a one inch spacer.I want to get my shock travel back.Is there anything else I need to know about these lifts for our machines.I will be putting it on myself.Any tips or warnings to look out for during the install.
How are the 2015 shocks different from 2014s?

T

Tufelhundin

May 23, 2015
Louisiana
@swsebeck it does take a little time to put it on, the front wasn't too difficult at all, I dont think it was mentioned in the instructions and I may have done something wrong but I found that disconnecting the silver arms from the swaybar made it a lot easier to mount the rear shocks to the new mounts.

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
@swsebeck it does take a little time to put it on, the front wasn't too difficult at all, I dont think it was mentioned in the instructions and I may have done something wrong but I found that disconnecting the silver arms from the swaybar made it a lot easier to mount the rear shocks to the new mounts.
+1 on that and i had to use a long pry bar to push down on the A-arm on the rear ( i had no help and i was doing it shortly after shoulder surgry).

T

Tufelhundin

May 23, 2015
Louisiana
I didn't have a pry bar and kudos for doing that by your self! Thank goodness I had a friend helping me. We had the back end lifted with a chain hoist and while he was stepping where the wheel mounted to push down, I did happen to have a small 4x4 and once we got the top of the shock somewhat "there" ... well, being that Im a Marine...I say; its always good to carry a big stick and lets just say I gave it a little motivation. :eek:;)

I do like the lift and it serves the purpose I bought it for very well. I didn't need it for tire clearance, I just wanted to get more air under the buggy. I haven't notice that it rides much different but it sure feels like it sits way up now...nice!

Beacheagle70

Beacheagle70

Lifetime Member
Wingnurse I run 28s and mine rub the bolts on the muddbusters,but it sounds worse than it is.I would never go without the flaps again.
Tufel how do you like the lift
I had the same issue with my 28"s and the add on piece , mine completely bent backwards and got stuck on the wheel. Mud busters has a replacement that extends without the add on bolts. The are made for larger tires, mud busters will sell you a replacement set for cost since you have an original set. Check my previous posts for pics of the replacements and some modifications I did to completely cover the rears.

Reactions: swsebek

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!