BOX1

Interior Alaska Mining trail review

G

GeraldNewton

Apr 10, 2015
On our 26 mile mine trail there a few boulder alleys. The boulders dented the side of the rims in a few places. We pulled a heavy tracked trailer and hauled a full load. It made the trip perfectly. We crossed a creek in about 36 inch water. Still no problems. But now I see the front seal at the differential is leaking oil. We also had trouble climbing the steep hill behind our mine. The unit seemed to stick in high or second and wouldn't spin the tires in gravel. It stalled out so we backed down. A dealer in Delta Junction told me they learned the hard way but you have to tap the brake to make it shift down. I would prefer a method of locking the unit in low gear or even a lower low gear.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have always wanted to see Alaska seems like a SXS might be the way to do it.

Post pics!

G

gokorn1

Apr 20, 2015
While climbing steep hills with a load i always stop a few feet before the hill and allow the machine to stay in 1st gear. Never had any problems climbing super steep hills in AK

Reactions: bobbyhill
bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Good point!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!