P700m4 Just call me cage cutter...

eastenn

eastenn

Dec 18, 2016
Bristol TN
www.fb.com
Ownership

1. 700-4
Could you tell me what clearance you have as far as headroom goes with a helmet on, and how tall you are?

I'm 6' tall and without a helmet on under stock room, I have about 8" headroom in driver's seat, and about 10" in the rear seat. I'm guessing a helmet will take 2" away from that, and I'm wondering what the minimum headroom I would be comfortable with. I'm thinking 4" above the helmet.

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Could you tell me what clearance you have as far as headroom goes with a helmet on, and how tall you are?

I'm 6' tall and without a helmet on under stock room, I have about 8" headroom in driver's seat, and about 10" in the rear seat. I'm guessing a helmet will take 2" away from that, and I'm wondering what the minimum headroom I would be comfortable with. I'm thinking 4" above the helmet.
I'll check it for you today when I get home.
I'm 5'10" and I don't wear or own a helmet. But I will say I do have the MTX MUDSYS41 Soundbar installed directly over my head. Someone any taller than me would cut it very close. In the back there is a ton of room. I'll shoot you the measurement here in a few...

Reactions: CumminsPusher
LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
@eastenn I sat in the front and tried to measure the best I could Lol. Without the Soundbar I would have around 6 inches to the top of my head sitting up very straight. I would have at least that amount in the back as well.

eastenn

eastenn

Dec 18, 2016
Bristol TN
www.fb.com
Ownership

1. 700-4
@eastenn I sat in the front and tried to measure the best I could Lol. Without the Soundbar I would have around 6 inches to the top of my head sitting up very straight. I would have at least that amount in the back as well.

Thanks for checking that. That sounds about right by my measurements. Looks like if I take 4 inches off my top, me being 6' tall, say 2" for helmet, that would only leave me 2-3" clearance. Not sure if that's going to be enough.

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks for checking that. That sounds about right by my measurements. Looks like if I take 4 inches off my top, me being 6' tall, say 2" for helmet, that would only leave me 2-3" clearance. Not sure if that's going to be enough.

Sounds like you might be better off going a custom cage route. If I decide to keep mine long term I'll probably end up going that route as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eastenn

eastenn

Dec 18, 2016
Bristol TN
www.fb.com
Ownership

1. 700-4
Sounds like you might be better off going a custom cage route. If I decide to keep mine long term I'll probably end up going that route as well.

Well I had all intentions of doing something custom and not just chopping it down. My limiting factor is my garage door being 78" tall. If I'm going to bother with the cage at all I need to get it down to 74" stock setup, so when I put my canam springs and 27 or 28 tires that will put me back to about 78". To get to 74" stock though just doesn't leave me enough head room. I sat in it with helmet on and measured, so for now I plan to just leave the cage as is. Looks like it will have to find a new parking spot when it grows.

eastenn

eastenn

Dec 18, 2016
Bristol TN
www.fb.com
Ownership

1. 700-4
IMG 0307
Here it is to scale the best I could measure with each square 2". The dashed line was the best scenario I could come up with under 74", but at 74" to the top, that means I would be ducking or hitting the tube all the time getting in and out.

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
View attachment 30799 Here it is to scale the best I could measure with each square 2". The dashed line was the best scenario I could come up with under 74", but at 74" to the top, that means I would be ducking or hitting the tube all the time getting in and out.

Yeah I doubt you'd be happy cutting it that close. Hey now you have a reason for a shop right?! Lol

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!