Just Got My New Pioneer 700-4

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
FLIR T-70 ends this song dogs singing career at 175 yards behind the barn tonight, called in two dogs and killed this one and tried to get the other but he was moving out to fast after his buddy dropped dead in his tracks!

17520Yard20Dog

17520Yard20DogB

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
Removed the OEM head rests and installed a rain drip gutter in the hard roof to keep the rain from dripping in on the dash and the floorboard when it is not raining super hard, just a 1/4" aluminum rail and painted it black. Also put a couple of mud flaps on too>

Gutter

Mud20Flaps

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
You got way too much time on your hands.. lol. Took me 4 days to wrap my header pipe. Haha..
I'm not sure why Honda did not put a rain lip on the roof. Looks good.. keep the pics coming.
Thanks.

fishin2Dmax

fishin2Dmax

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2013
Utah
Hondasxs said:
You got way too much time on your hands.. lol. Took me 4 days to wrap my header pipe. Haha..
I'm not sure why Honda did not put a rain lip on the roof. Looks good.. keep the pics coming.
Thanks.

I think we all have SkyPup envy.

I agree with Hondasxs, not only does Skypup seem to have time to play and hunt; he also seems to have plenty of play money to keep buying more toys. Yes, I think we all have a case of SkyPup envy :mrgreen: . At least we can all dream and live vicariously through his adventures and pictures on this forum. keep the pictures coming Skypup - you're our hero.

Reactions: Kc045
S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
Sniped out another sow from about 125 yards in the rain right at dusk this afternoon:

Powerline%20Hog.jpg

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
he has so much stuff on that pioneer i bet it weighs 2500lbs lol :D

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
Hey skypup can i come down and hang and hunt with you? I am easy to get along with. I am a good shot also. :D

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Look at that. A 300 with a set of Blackwater xt's

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
Hondasxs said:

The 300 is a real workhorse, I bought it new in 1993 and it is one hardworking mule. Being aircooled it can go many places you would not take a radiator cooled model, it is like a tank. It is full time 4 wheel drive and usually is pulling a trailer around the ranch.

Last year I got some new Progressive 512 shocks for it as the shocks were worn out a long time ago. Still runs like a champ with a DynoJet jet kit and header pipe, and yes those are the original 20 year old Blackwaters too!

It has never been in the shop for anything and the only thing I ever replaced was the starter on it, besides that it just runs and runs and runs!

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
Double heat wrap around the header pipe and additional 3/4" heat and sound insulation in the engine bay really decreases the heat and the sound significantly, almost sounds like an electric golf cart now except for the Yosh pipe!

Heat20wrap2

Heat20wrap3

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
SkyPup said:
Hondasxs said:

The 300 is a real workhorse, I bought it new in 1993 and it is one hardworking mule. Being aircooled it can go many places you would not take a radiator cooled model, it is like a tank. It is full time 4 wheel drive and usually is pulling a trailer around the ranch.

Last year I got some new Progressive 512 shocks for it as the shocks were worn out a long time ago. Still runs like a champ with a DynoJet jet kit and header pipe, and yes those are the original 20 year old Blackwaters too!

It has never been in the shop for anything and the only thing I ever replaced was the starter on it, besides that it just runs and runs and runs!

I had a 300, man those things were nuke proof, one of my "friends" in HS tried to kill his because he wanted a 450x, he had gone through about 5 Polaris, and when he couldn't kill the 300 his dad bought another one.

FYI Skypup, I think I found your RV on the inter webs

http://kiravan.net

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
I do have a Mercedes RV but nothing like that!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was window shopping expedition RVs and that came up. It's an extraordinary exercise in engineering.

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
The FLIR M-325 Pan/Tilt thermal camera and the FLIR T-70 are a deadly combination!

I was out on a feeder for two hours keeping it covered and watching all the deer and coons all over it and drove the Honda Pioneer UTV back the three mile ride to the house after dark. As I round the last curve headed for my house I saw a large hog about 300 yards ahead of me on the side of the forest trail grade in the FLIR M-324. Shut off the engine and doused the Larson Electronics RED LED super blaster headlamp and turned on the T-70 and took one shot below his ear from the driver's seat @ 175 yards with my SIG 556 and IMI 77 grain Razor ammo. He did not seem to notice the super bright red led at all....

Hog dropped dead with a severed spine at the nape of his neck, wish I had turned on the video as it would have been a great thermal video kill, he weighed 325 pounds....

Big20Black20Front

Big20Black20Hondini

Big20Black20Hondini20Front

Big20Black20Side

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
HOT FLIRONE Thermal Hog Kill, single headshot 200 yards:

First20Hog20Iron

First20Hog20Rainbow

Had not even had this nice instrument for an entire 24 hour period and already the swine are chilling....

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
I was out on the powerline grade out back tonight hanging out in the middle of a huge thunderstorm after dark with lightning and heavy rain in massive quantities...water gauge had 4 inches when I pulled back up to the log cabin.

Spotted a sounder group while sitting in the UTV watching the FLIR M-324 about 3/4 mile down the road rooting.

Turned on the engine and the Larson Electronics Red Led blaster headlamp and slowly made it down to the third telephone pole from the hogs, poles are 120 yards apart, so about 325-350 yards.

It was about 85*, 110% humidity, teaming rain and when I turned on the T-75 it looked like I was sitting right on top of them!

First 7.62mm 130 grain Barnes TSX shot killed this sow and then I hit two more, it was raining so hard that I only had time to pick up the sow and bring her back with me, will go out and get the other two tomorrow morning.

Both thermals worked excellent in the rain, not a problem as the hogs all stood out like a sore thumb. Also turned on the miniDVR to video tape the hogs going down so will work on that later....

T7520SIG20Sow

Hondini20T7520Sow

T7520SOW20FLIRONE

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
BACON, bacon, BACON... HAHAH.

Whats the on the end of the gun?
I made a homemade silencer one time out of a oil filter. Didn't think it would work. and it didn't. lol... the first shot was some what quieter. not the second. so I guess it is like a one time use silencer. still fun though.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!