P700 Just some q's for those with SxS wear-n-tear experience...

B

bamahunter

Sep 26, 2016
Alabama
Ownership

1. 700-4
So I'm new here (just made a post in the "introduction" section/forum) and super excited about our new-to-us Pioneer 700-4. I know that environment/use-scenario plays a huge part in what is useful to each individual but I'm looking for suggestions as to what minimum protection accessories we should get to keep it looking sharp and prevent unnecessary damage. I'm going to spend my time up down rough logging roads on mountainous terrain, rough fields and row crops... No rock crawling (per say), desert running, or high speeds really. Here are my thoughts:

1) looking to buy a-arm guards as I Iearned that lesson with ATVs, ha
2) Rear bumper: Should I get one and why? I like the idea but lowest price I've seen is $200 and I'm not sure what my return on that investment would be.
3) Windshield: Figured it would save our eyes from trail branches and cold air. Question is what style, thinking the flip windows but didn't know if they have durability issues or how they handle in rougher terrain when folded down
4) .... any more recommendations?

longer-term plan is to get a winch but going to have to spread out these costs

Reactions: al700
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
So I'm new here (just made a post in the "introduction" section/forum) and super excited about our new-to-us Pioneer 700-4. I know that environment/use-scenario plays a huge part in what is useful to each individual but I'm looking for suggestions as to what minimum protection accessories we should get to keep it looking sharp and prevent unnecessary damage. I'm going to spend my time up down rough logging roads on mountainous terrain, rough fields and row crops... No rock crawling (per say), desert running, or high speeds really. Here are my thoughts:

1) looking to buy a-arm guards as I Iearned that lesson with ATVs, ha
2) Rear bumper: Should I get one and why? I like the idea but lowest price I've seen is $200 and I'm not sure what my return on that investment would be.
3) Windshield: Figured it would save our eyes from trail branches and cold air. Question is what style, thinking the flip windows but didn't know if they have durability issues or how they handle in rougher terrain when folded down
4) .... any more recommendations?

longer-term plan is to get a winch but going to have to spread out these costs

1: probably a good idea if you ride in the sticks. As a mudder, I found that they hold mud and it packs around the CV boots and causes me problems. Also, I had the OEM guards on my P700 and tore two boots so it's not like they stop all sticks. There are several to choose from but Honda OEM is all I have experienced.

2: I like having the rear bumper as I have backed into several things. Sure the bumpers are expensive but so it replacing a body part. I had the OEM rear bumper and liked it a lot. It would tilt with the bed and seemed pretty strong.

3: the two piece windshield is nice to be able to open it or completely remove it. Just get one that is "hard coat" and still try to take care of it. Rinse mud off, not wipe it off. I had no complaints about the OEM other than the price. It was durable for my rough style of riding.

4: snorkel the engine and differentials if you ever think there's a chance of deep water. It's super cheap and it's a great piece of mind. Also, the air intake snorkel will greatly increase the life of your air filter. The stock locations sucks in a lot of dust.

I'll find some links for you to help search.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I second all of Joey's recommendations. I might re-emphasize the snorkel. If you ever think you might ride is SHALLOW water... snorkel. Most drowned sxs's happened because shallow water became deep water by surprise.

Also, For me the winch would come ahead of the windshield and bumper. A windshield is a nice luxury. I recommend one when you can afford it. The winch is invaluable when you're stuck.

d_b

d_b

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 24, 2015
Utah
First off congrats n a great machine purchase.

1-I like the guards good investment.
2-Rear bumper, build your own or don't back into things. Keep your buddies off your butt.
3-Windshield glass all the way. Quick removal, and I mean quick.
4-Always thick outside the box. Do what you need not us. However get a winch lol

B

bamahunter

Sep 26, 2016
Alabama
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks for the recommendations guys! Got busy with work this week and haven't had a time to dig into anything yet but that's what the weekends are for... I'll let yall know what I do (and prob ask more Q's along the way) :)

B

BULLDOG6

Jun 15, 2015
Ownership

1. Big Red
Get some good tires and a good winch!!!!!!
Thanks for the recommendations guys! Got busy with work this week and haven't had a time to dig into anything yet but that's what the weekends are for... I'll let yall know what I do (and prob ask more Q's along the way) :)

B

bamahunter

Sep 26, 2016
Alabama
Ownership

1. 700-4
Well... the madness has started already. Ordered a winch, strap on console lights, rear view mirror, and a pair of rear cup holders after taking the wife and kids on a run last night. I didn't realize how dark it gets when one forgets a flashlight (we didn't plan to be out that late)... and the styrofoam cups my kids had in the backseat wouldn't have spilled sprite everywhere had I just put them in our cupholders up front. Live and learn. :)

Reactions: joeymt33 and Tflynn

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!