P700 KFI Winch Installation/Honda Accessory sub-harness

dmcpeak

dmcpeak

Oct 9, 2016
Binghamton, NY
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks for your patience! I placed an order and will have it by Wednesday.
I will try to post some pics so others can learn from my adventures.
Here's a picture of the wiring diagram that comes with the Winch...
WinchWiring copy

Reactions: bigbruse
Dpetrocik

Dpetrocik

Oct 31, 2016
Negaunee, MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks for your patience! I placed an order and will have it by Wednesday.
I will try to post some pics so others can learn from my adventures.
Here's a picture of the wiring diagram that comes with the Winch...
View attachment 27381
I have a viper winch and it was super easy! Two wires from battery to solenoid (red/black) then two wires from solenoid to winch( blue/yellow). And then the red "key on wire" plugged into the harness via bullet connector.

I did need to swap the cables to make it work because the yellow/blue were longer than the red/black to reach the battery under the seat all to the winch

IMG 2103

Reactions: dmcpeak
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Does anyone know if the Terra 35 bolts right up to the stock bumper, or is a AM mounting bracket needed? If so, which is the best, simplest to install?

dmcpeak

dmcpeak

Oct 9, 2016
Binghamton, NY
Ownership

1. 700-4
Does anyone know if the Terra 35 bolts right up to the stock bumper, or is a AM mounting bracket needed? If so, which is the best, simplest to install?
I was told to purchase this Part number for the mount: 2202918 you can get it at amazon for about $80

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I was told to purchase this Part number for the mount: 2202918 you can get it at amazon for about $80
Thanks dmc, ouch, half the price of the entire winch set up!

dmcpeak

dmcpeak

Oct 9, 2016
Binghamton, NY
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have a viper winch and it was super easy! Two wires from battery to solenoid (red/black) then two wires from solenoid to winch( blue/yellow). And then the red "key on wire" plugged into the harness via bullet connector.

I did need to swap the cables to make it work because the yellow/blue were longer than the red/black to reach the battery under the seat all to the winch

View attachment 27384
So now that I have the wiring harness- which wires do I attach to?
There's yellow, green, white & Red.
The wiring from the rocker switch only has the red- So I would assume red to red?

Dpetrocik

Dpetrocik

Oct 31, 2016
Negaunee, MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
So now that I have the wiring harness- which wires do I attach to?
There's yellow, green, white & Red.
The wiring from the rocker switch only has the red- So I would assume red to red?

I think I did use the red one. It it should really matter. Mine came with blue tape on each of the 4 wires and when I took it off there were two wires within, one hot, one ground. I just touched my winch wire to. It's while the key was on and tried the winch and one worked, one didn't. I threw a bullet end on the red winch wire and stick it in the connector that was got and taped it up. I'll probably put some shrink wrap on it to make it water proof in the future but for now it works.

dmcpeak

dmcpeak

Oct 9, 2016
Binghamton, NY
Ownership

1. 700-4
So I stripped the blue tape off the RED wire and it appears to only have one wire connected to the female bullet connector?
Is that right? If so I would only need to put a male bullet on the Rocker switch red and pop it in. Correct?

dmcpeak

dmcpeak

Oct 9, 2016
Binghamton, NY
Ownership

1. 700-4
So I stripped the blue tape off the RED wire and it appears to only have one wire connected to the female bullet connector?
Is that right? If so I would only need to put a male bullet on the Rocker switch red and pop it into the Sub Harness. Correct?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!