P1000 light bar questions

JimH1

JimH1

Sep 27, 2016
Duluth MN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I just mounted a 42" light bar on my rig it is 240 watts and when I do the math it looks as if I need a 20 amp fuse. I have the Honda accessory fuse block that has the socket for the light but it is 15A .
I want to run the light from my Honda switch panel, can I buy an after market switch and connectors to make this work?

Reactions: dotman1
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I just mounted a 42" light bar on my rig it is 240 watts and when I do the math it looks as if I need a 20 amp fuse. I have the Honda accessory fuse block that has the socket for the light but it is 15A .
I want to run the light from my Honda switch panel, can I buy an after market switch and connectors to make this work?
Yes you can buy aftermarket. What you need is a rocker switch , a 35-40 amp relay, 20 amp fuse. You can have power come into the rocker switch from OEM 15amp source, then out to the relay. The relay can be wired direct to battery with 20amp fuse, then relay, then out to light. When you turn on switch the low amp OEM power source closes the relay to pull high amp power from battery to light up the light. There are many cheap kits on Amazon.com that have what you need. Like this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00SAAW8Y8/?tag=sxsweb24-20

JimH1

JimH1

Sep 27, 2016
Duluth MN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks for the input. Cant wait to light up the night!
well I bought the fancy wiring harness with the rocker switch. It was a piece of cake to hook up. Thanks everyone for the help. I can't believe how it lights up the night.

Unnamed

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!