P1000 Lightbar on Front Bumper??

York0044

York0044

Mar 26, 2015
Has anyone mounted a lightbar on the front bumper? I have seen a couple mounted to the bumper but the lightbar sticks out farther than the bumper so it would be ruined if you were rinning over small trees and what not. Looking to mount it on the front bumper but behind, in between the bumper and the grill?

Jediwrathchild

Jediwrathchild

Apr 24, 2016
Kodiak, AK
I'm in the same boat. Would love some close up pics. Thinking I could run a 10" combo flood/spot without a lot of fuss.

S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
I'm in the same boat. Would love some close up pics. Thinking I could run a 10" combo flood/spot without a lot of fuss.

8 inch opt7 bar. Plenty bright. Doesn't get beat on

20160308 231520

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Image Image Image
Image A few actually check out my build and it explains how why and what. 12 inch actually will go in and looks great. They can be done out of the way and bright but do some research you don't really need some of the certain expensive brands and don't totally go off lumans as that is sometimes a far fetched number. 3watt led good 5 better 7 stupid. The brighter each bulb the more penetration power I.e. Six 7watters are brighter then 14 3watters both are 42watt. The ones on the side give incredible side view. There are a total of 12 LED fixtures on the front including two that are mounted into the plastic bumper extensions underneath. We bash through everything nothing ever gets broke (light wise) I worked my ass off buying multiple fixtures measuring and testing till it was right. There is over 1100 watts up there.
Has anyone mounted a lightbar on the front bumper? I have seen a couple mounted to the bumper but the lightbar sticks out farther than the bumper so it would be ruined if you were rinning over small trees and what not. Looking to mount it on the front bumper but behind, in between the bumper and the grill?

Last edited:
Reactions: Scooterchris
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I can run that much as long as it's not at idle other then headlight which are crap anyway. I sent a new stator off and they did a custom job along with everything lots of work went into this 1000 I wasn't playing around I overlooked nothing. However with the curved 700 watt light bar no other light matters. I can't run my amp and everything at the same time which isn't really a problem. Nice thing is you have choices though I was hoping for better out of the stator I was trying for 125 amp but apparently that's not quite possible but the output is drastically better.

Last edited:
Jason86

Jason86

Apr 26, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
I have had different lights on my p500 but the best I found were single row slim led bars. Small enough to fit in most gaps.

S

samtoby

May 26, 2016
Calgary
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have had different lights on my p500 but the best I found were single row slim led bars. Small enough to fit in most gaps.

I mounted a 13" to my top bar on the aftermarket honda bumper. It is set back from front edge so nothing can hit it.

IMG 4362

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Single row will fit on top of the sides and you can also throw some flush mounts underneath in the center.the turn signals up under the sides of the bumper hidden a bit

Reactions: PineTree
Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I put mine on the roof because the area it lights up is far better than on the bumper.

I have a 42" front and 32" back. 24,000 lumen. The one from Honda was a joke compared to these on Amazon.

Tried bumper but it reduced the output very noticeably. Top is def way to go.

I used the Polaris roll bar clamps that have extenders and stick out past windshield.

All on Amazon. It lights the night up BIG TIME.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!