BOX1

P700 Minimum Recommend Riding Age

AggieVet

AggieVet

Aug 10, 2016
Fort Worth, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys! I was wondering if anybody knows what Honda's minimum recommended age for the Pioneer 700-4? I am thinking about making a trip to West Virginia to the Hatfield & McCoy trail system. One of their rules states:
  1. All operators and passengers on an ATV, UTV, or motorcycle must meet manufacturers’ minimum age requirements.

Any ideas?

Reactions: FJC 79
AggieVet

AggieVet

Aug 10, 2016
Fort Worth, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'd bet 16. How old were you hoping?
I was hoping at least 5. I've looked on Honda's website to see what their official recommendation is, but cannot find it. I don't see a problem with a kid riding, as long as they can fit safely with the seatbelt on. I always have her in a helmet, and seatbelt.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Oh you mean as a passenger, I thought you meant as a driver! I was like seriously 5? Did he mean 15? Haha I'm with you now.

I would try to contact someone affiliated with HMT and see what they say. Reason being, CA has a restriction that passengers must be able to reach the grab handle. So even if your daughter meets the age requirement there may also be a size requirement in West Virginia. The way I see it, if you can't find Hondas minimum age what are the odds the ranger has that info in his back pocket? A couple things to think about. Sorry I don't have a better answer.

AggieVet

AggieVet

Aug 10, 2016
Fort Worth, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes, I think that 5 yrs old is a tad young to be driving! :)

I will call my local dealer and see if they know the age. You're right, the ranger isn't going to have that information on him.

If anyone does find out, please let me know.

Happy Trails!

Reactions: Tflynn
L

Leslieu1015

Feb 7, 2022
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello,
I just joined the group recently. Actually by google searching this exact question which led me here and then to subscribing. So thanks! Anyway, did you ever find the answer to this question? We have a 5 year old and are hoping to take her along. Thanks!

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hello,
I just joined the group recently. Actually by google searching this exact question which led me here and then to subscribing. So thanks! Anyway, did you ever find the answer to this question? We have a 5 year old and are hoping to take her along. Thanks!
Welcome to the club from South FL

H&M I think has a minimum age of 6yrs old on any trail. I think that's pretty dumb but 🤷‍♂️

As far as "in general"......I've rode with people that have brought toddlers along (2 yr old range) as long as they are well protected (car seat, harness, helmets etc.) I don't see the problem

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hello,
I ride Hatfield a lot now and as long as your kid is wearing a helmet and seatbelts. you are not doing dumb things on pavement.
6 years old and yes their feet should touch flat on the floor is the rule,But my son has been on those trails for years and he just turned 8. It’s in town during events is the only time you see trail popo. Just last year there were people with 2 car eats in back of a pioneer. And I did the same. Hatfield is there big revenue they won’t mess with you if you are being sensible. No helmet or seatbelt on a child and then your asking for it. People who have been pulled over almost always appear to have alcohol. They ask for trail permit and owners manual of the machine.

L

Leslieu1015

Feb 7, 2022
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the club from South FL

H&M I think has a minimum age of 6yrs old on any trail. I think that's pretty dumb but 🤷‍♂️

As far as "in general"......I've rode with people that have brought toddlers along (2 yr old range) as long as they are well protected (car seat, harness, helmets etc.) I don't see the problem
Thank you for the reply. My kids are 11, 9, and 5 (6 in July) and will absolutely be in seatbelts with helmets. Any info on the carseats for the pioneer 1000? I've googled them and found for can am and RZR but nothing for the pioneer.

L

Leslieu1015

Feb 7, 2022
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ride Hatfield a lot now and as long as your kid is wearing a helmet and seatbelts. you are not doing dumb things on pavement.
6 years old and yes their feet should touch flat on the floor is the rule,But my son has been on those trails for years and he just turned 8. It’s in town during events is the only time you see trail popo. Just last year there were people with 2 car eats in back of a pioneer. And I did the same. Hatfield is there big revenue they won’t mess with you if you are being sensible. No helmet or seatbelt on a child and then your asking for it. People who have been pulled over almost always appear to have alcohol. They ask for trail permit and owners manual of the machine.
Thank you for the reply! She will be 6 in July so we dont have too much longer to hit that age mark. The only part I'm a little concerned about would be the feet touching the floor. I'm an adult and my feet barely touch the floor in most other vehicles haha. Our kids would be 100% protected at all time and no nonsense with them in the machine so hopefully we'll be okay. We've been looking into carseats for the pioneer but really only found for RZR and can am.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Thank you for the reply. My kids are 11, 9, and 5 (6 in July) and will absolutely be in seatbelts with helmets. Any info on the carseats for the pioneer 1000? I've googled them and found for can am and RZR but nothing for the pioneer.
The rear of the pioneer isn't very car seat friendly. My kids (now 7 and 8) used to use a booster seat bottom for a while, also used a boat cushion. Both mainly to raise them so the seat belts would be a bit more comfortable. First mod I recommend is a set of harnesses. Then, if they will ride often, RZR seats work great in the rear of the pioneer (different ways of mounting them)

20210521 222600

Best mod I've done for my kids and safety. Between seats and harnesses they stay snug and comfortable

Last edited:
FJC 79

FJC 79

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
PXL 20220209 232956372PXL 20220209 232956372Hey guys! I was wondering if anybody knows what Honda's minimum recommended age for the Pioneer 700-4? I am thinking about making a trip to West Virginia to the Hatfield & McCoy trail system. One of their rules states:
  1. All operators and passengers on an ATV, UTV, or motorcycle must meet manufacturers’ minimum age requirements.

Any ideas?
This is from the warning label on my 2014 700-2

Reactions: JenElio and Ohio4x4
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!