More HP

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
you have dobeck which is all the plug n play units (ejk,fmf,hmf ect....) then you have power commander which is not a simple plug n play and for easy use its the dobeck unit

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
its pretty simple more air + more fuel= more power u have an exhaust ( air) now add fuel = your more hp
Ha yeah. I don't doubt it will add power, I guess what I am wanting to know is are there negative side effects? Does this decrease reliability at all? Negative effects on the motor, etc?

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
no negative effects it adds fuel and can be adjusted to where you need it if you don't like the settings very very simple 2 buttons to press the only thing it does is add fuel its not a full tuner like the power commander

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
the dobeck unit is literally a plug in and ride

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
I dont mean to sound like an asshole im a ball buster u cant take me seriously lol but in all realness for everyday normal ppl/rides and when i owned my shop i used the dobeck on everything i added an exhaust to i said i wouldnt install one with out the other and trust me ull install yours and say wow i should have done this sooner and ive never had to adjust the factory stage 1 settings

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
the dobeck is a plug and play you unhook the fuel injector wire plug the dobeck onto the injector then plug the old injector to the other do beck wire. run a ground wire to the chassy and your done.

the unit can be tuned for more or less fuel at 3 different levels of injector pulse. very tunable.
that being said if you run the dobeck tune ,no mater what stage, you are counting on some that has never even seen your bike to decided what your bike needs.
if you add a afr gage you can tune it for what the bike needs. the afr gage will show you what your afr readings are at every throttle opening and modification.

now its cheaper to buy the dobeck gen 4 it is a programmer and an afr gage plus it auto tunes . in other words you set the afr reading you want and it does it for you.
that's what I have on my turbo and is the best thing since sliced bread. there is no guess work and its good for all tunes and mods.

one more thing if you want more power go to a higher compression piston . getting more in and out helps but squishing it more make a bigger bang . every after market piston evaluable has a higher compression ratio than stock and there's a good reason for that.

dobeck doesn't have the gen four for the pioneer on there web sight but if you call they will set you up. if you get one I will explain how to make the adjustments and make you a afr tuner in about 5 minutes over the phone.
google gen 4 you can see them working on the videos.

Last edited:
Reactions: jak9922
jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
Pistons are a little more in depth then basic bolts ons you could also look into bbks ;)

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
what's bbks? I figured if we were talking cams the piston was a few bolts deeper. compression will be the biggest bang for the buck.

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
They say they only replacement for displacement is more displacement. But you can put a stock size piston in a hell of a lot cheaper with high compression. Just got to buy a piston rings standard size and slide it in

Reactions: jak9922
Lynn

Lynn

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Yakima,WA
There is a series of posts about Turbo charging and my posts about Supercharging in the 700 forums under Modifications you may want to read.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!