Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pioneer

ATV.com has named the Honda Pioneer 1000-5 LE the Utility UTV of 2016!
Source - Best ATVs and UTVs of 2016 - ATV.com

Late in the year Honda released its Pioneer 1000 Limited Edition with I-4X4 and Hill Start Assist (HSA). These features help the novice or moderately experienced drivers execute terrain like a horse thief in the late 1800s. It is swift engagement of differential lock as the onboard computer sees a need instead of requiring the driver to stop and twist a knob. The usefulness of HSA makes a stall on an incline become worry-free for novice drivers as the brakes are applied via the brain of this Honda Pioneer and gradually released as you begin to accelerate. This is just the start for a new tomorrow in the world of UTV.

Full Frist Ride Review around a simple dirt track is here --> 2017 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Limited Edition Review
BUT dont read into that too much. We are still awaiting a REAL REVIEW of the new I-4WD system. Hope to see one out before Spring!

Full BEST of 2016 listing:
Sport UTV of 2016 - Can-Am Maverick X3 X rs
Utility UTV of 2016 - Honda Pioneer 1000-5 LE
ATV of 2016 - Polaris Sportsman XP 1000

Last edited by a moderator:
Jediwrathchild

Jediwrathchild

Apr 24, 2016
Kodiak, AK
Their review talks about thicker seat foam. I wonder If that's a seat heat solver.

Reactions: Ginger
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
View attachment 30726
ATV.com has named the Honda Pioneer 1000-5 LE the Utility UTV of 2016!
Source - Best ATVs and UTVs of 2016 - ATV.com

Full Frist Ride Review around a simple dirt track is here --> 2017 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Limited Edition Review
BUT dont read into that too much. We are still awaiting a REAL REVIEW of the new I-4WD system. Hope to see one out before Spring!

Full BEST of 2016 listing:
Sport UTV of 2016 - Can-Am Maverick X3 X rs
Utility UTV of 2016 - Honda Pioneer 1000-5 LE
ATV of 2016 - Polaris Sportsman XP 1000
After reading the review, sounds like all I need is shocks.

D

Dasmoeturhead

From what I read in the UTV Action magazine my 2016 suits me just fine. I don't need no stinking computer to shift in and out of 4wd for me. I like to have a little control. That's 4 wheeling. I do like the switches, and shocks though. The thicker seat?, mines just fine. JMHO

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
From what I read in the UTV Action magazine my 2016 suits me just fine. I don't need no stinking computer to shift in and out of 4wd for me. I like to have a little control. That's 4 wheeling. I do like the switches, and shocks though. The thicker seat?, mines just fine. JMHO
I feel the same, Honda dosen't have the bugs worked out of the 16s

H

HondaTech

Tbh if the seat is a heat solver then it will most likely fit the 16 model. Other than the I-4wd, brake features and lighted switches any 16 could be made into a 17 LE. But no one wants the Honda bumper, skid plates, A-arm guards for the money. Any customer units i work on always have aftermarket ones instead.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Tbh if the seat is a heat solver then it will most likely fit the 16 model. Other than the I-4wd, brake features and lighted switches any 16 could be made into a 17 LE. But no one wants the Honda bumper, skid plates, A-arm guards for the money. Any customer units i work on always have aftermarket ones instead.
I know it's a longshot but in your opinion could mode memory be swapped?

Reactions: sharp
H

HondaTech

I'm not 100% sure how it operates. Some places have said its only after having put the machine into reverse that it remembemuch thars the mode. It's probably just in the programming on the ecm. If that is the case then it should be a simple swap to see if it works. In our diagnostic tester program there's a ecm update/flash option. We've never been able to use it yet, but maybe this could be a use for that feature. I cant see it being very much that would allow you to hold the mode.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'm not 100% sure how it operates. Some places have said its only after having put the machine into reverse that it remembemuch thars the mode. It's probably just in the programming on the ecm. If that is the case then it should be a simple swap to see if it works. In our diagnostic tester program there's a ecm update/flash option. We've never been able to use it yet, but maybe this could be a use for that feature. I cant see it being very much that would allow you to hold the mode.

That's a much more positive response then I had figured. Well hopefully and thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp
Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
So' what did Dirt Wheels have to say about the 1000LE?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV

Alien Tech software is the real deal but to expensive just to play with roughly $15,000. to get setup in for class 8 truck tuning, it would be able to make the change you want if the user is capable.
KESS v2 lo strumento per la rimappatura dei veicoli

G

Ginger

May 19, 2017
Jolo WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Their review talks about thicker seat foam. I wonder If that's a seat heat solver.
I joined this forum to see if anyone else complained about how hot the seat gets.... took my granddaughter for a short ride.... seat got so hot I thought it was going to burn her.... very uncomfortable

Reactions: BLC
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I joined this forum to see if anyone else complained about how hot the seat gets.... took my granddaughter for a short ride.... seat got so hot I thought it was going to burn her.... very uncomfortable
yes - you'll find plenty of info (and b****ing) about that. I'm one of them.
Fortunately there are some fairly easy fixes but it's bizarre that Honda has not dealt with it properly.
Search the site for Heat Shield and Bilge Fan.
Once you get past that you'll be a lot happier. At least I was... Installed both heat shield and fan and it much better. And as a bonus turn the fan off in the winter for some welcome butt heat.

Reactions: Jshell3 and Ginger
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!