New tire question

D

deltaduk

Aug 16, 2015
Just bought my 2015 pioneer 2p. My boy rides the heck out of it around the neighborhood. I know that will wear the tires down quick. But that is what we bought it for. Was thinking bout buying a new set of tires and stock rims just for hunting season. Letting him ride the stock tires till they are bald. Are radials the way to go? I can't really go any bigger on tires as the roof of the pioneer rubs the garage door now when parking it in my shop ( I have always regretted building my shop with 8' ceilings, now I really do). Gonna use the honda for duck and deer hunting mostly. Not really into joy riding. I hunt and fish to much to take on another hobby. So what kinda tires should I be looking for. Also gonna look for some more stock rims

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yes.Radials all the way.the tread depends on your hunting and fishing area.I just bought big horn 2.0s and i like them.I wouldnt recomend them for deep tacky mudd.

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
If I wanted a tire that was not aggressive, I would of went with the black water Evo but I needed a little bit more so I went up in size and went with the Mega mayhems.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was very happy with the Blackwaters they're very light for a 8ply tire around 30-33 lbs for 28-30" tires. Great "Jack of all trades" tire, they grip very well and clean out well enough to work well in the mud for general use. If you're a bogger and want to spend a lot of time in mud holes or soft squishy ground go with a dedicated mud tire.

09f30ea4ad33acf7bb907ec38eac490b

Reactions: JACKAL
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
In my experience, duck hunting requires a real mud tire! Also, when fishing are you launching a boat with the pioneer? If you launch from the bank (dirt/mud) then again I recommend a mud tire. As for wheels, I don't know what stockers go for but I bought a plain black steel wheel for my spare from Rocky Mountain ATV for $35 per wheel I think it was. Those may work for a good second set.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/3377/8633/ITP-Steel-Wheel

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I was very happy with the Blackwaters they're very light for a 8ply tire around 30-33 lbs for 28-30" tires. Great "Jack of all trades" tire, they grip very well and clean out well enough to work well in the mud for general use. If you're a bogger and want to spend a lot of time in mud holes or soft squishy ground go with a dedicated mud tire.

09f30ea4ad33acf7bb907ec38eac490b

Looks good, nice pic!

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
Blackwater evo // Black diamond xtr // Mud lite xtr. My top 3 tires. Blackwater evo if you want a non directional all around tire. Black diamond xtr if you want something a little better in mud with great lateral control. Mud lite xtr would be the best mud and it's the most squared off out of the 3. All radial tires. All 3 are pretty different types of tread design too. I just am giving a few different tires. Cause this kind of question is asked a lot and most people say what they think is best. I haven't bought yet but them are my top 3.

D

deltaduk

Aug 16, 2015
I have found some ITP mud liters in a 25-10-12 for $316 out the door. Think I will go with those

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!