P700 New to me 700 here in TX

V

vwprostock

Apr 15, 2016
Flower Mound, TX
Been lurking and surfing for about a year, and finally went shopping with the wallet ready.

Not one dealer in North TX wanted to talk, let alone have a little fun and wheel and deal on a 1000. I don't mean I was asking for $3K off, I mean not returning calls, nit even getting to the point of haggling.

$19,800 out the door for a 1000 was just more than I was ready to spend.

Sat back, thought maybe something would come my way and it did. Guy posted this on a local ATV FB page. Luckily (in my opinion) he didn't put it on Craigslist as I have been traveling a ton lately and I don't think it would have lasted long.

Long story short, got me a 81 hour, 640 mile, 2014 camo 700-4 with Honda soft top, shorty windshield, and MI2 Diesel wheels with ITP tires for $9400. Under side/ axles, frame, etc look likes its barely been used.
13015259 10156830255900252 6043333327071962492 n
943788 10156830255420252 2604525695882645805 n
IMG 6609 2

Ordering the winch when I log off here and getting some seat covers for it.

I see a variety of A arm guards. Any to stay away from?

Looking forward to rolling around the hills in my first SxS when I am not riding enduro dirt bikes!

Greg

B

bigboyga

Apr 11, 2016
US
That's a good deal. Great work! I too don't see the $15-20k when the 700-4 suits my needs fine.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
Congrats!! and welcome.. I got some a arm guards that isn't made anymore but the others i like are the stick stoppers made by strong made.. Get you a UHMW full skid also. I love having one and ride so much more at ease having it.

Reactions: hurld
bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome to the Club @vwprostock !!

V

vwprostock

Apr 15, 2016
Flower Mound, TX
Well one week in and Amazon and Ebay have been here daily since. Added the KFI mount with the Superwinch 4500S. Unimpressed with the winch to plate mounting bolts, and hawse to plate mounting, but will work on that.

Added the EMP stick stoppers....couldn't have been easier.

Mocked up the 32" curved LED bar and then added a strip on the bottom for my interior light.

Ordered two variations of switch plates from the guy on here....can't wait to get started on those and decided which one I want. All the Mic tuning switches are here for the front LED bar, winch, side and rear LED's. Probably will change them since I don't like how they hang down, but we shall see.

Fished the wires through the ROPS once I re-read that the dang things are sealed at the gaps.

Debating on the larger auto battery (I work in auto parts distribution) under the driver seat. Looks super easy, I own a welder and can use it...minorly worried about the exhaust heat on the battery right there...but still noodling that one....jsut not comfy with the baby scooter battery in it.

Tunes....thinking of a mount on top of the middle bar, under the soft top for a Bose Color Link and just use it.

So far having a blast....work won't allow me to test it out up on the Red RIver until May 14th/15th so thats my target date to be as ready as I think I need to be with my first SXS.

Curious what other 6' 230 lb guys do for throttle pedal position. Foot/ankle/calf seems to want to cramp up in the normal driving position....thoughts or ideas?

IMAG4005 1 IMAG4010 IMAG4011 IMAG4012

V

vwprostock

Apr 15, 2016
Flower Mound, TX
More tinkering in what free time I have carved out. More wiring being done. Was going to put a full size battery under the driver seat but have changed my mind. Going with Blue Sea add a battery and probably an Odyssey up front. Mounted the winch remote in the grill.....thought it looked cool, not sticking up or out anywhere. I don't plan on attempting to submarine the thing so I "think" it will be ok.

Still searching for a decent chainsaw holder but may just make one. None of the Kolpin, Moose, etc look like what I want. Want some engine support, etc. I like the abs flat sheaths with the slot for the bar, plus a pad/holder for the saw engine.

Anyway....always something on these but its a blast to tinker with. Looked at upgrading the OE headlights with new bulbs and don't see anything non Xenon (not a fan) thats much better than the stock bulbs.

IMAG4017 1

Reactions: Tflynn
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Believe it or not. I dropped a 2x8 (approximately 10" long) in my floorboard and kicked it under my heel. That puts my foot at a much better angle for all day driving. I've threatened to screw the block down but never have. It only moves if I get in water deep enough to float it.

hurld

hurld

Lifetime Member
Feb 19, 2014
A3277683129a3dccaae9f9cae235e2d6 Yours is the first superwinch I've seen mounted that direction, everyone else has theirs mounted like mine with the rope or cable coming off the top of the spool.

V

vwprostock

Apr 15, 2016
Flower Mound, TX
View attachment 14302 Yours is the first superwinch I've seen mounted that direction, everyone else has theirs mounted like mine with the rope or cable coming off the top of the spool.

I was in a hurry (ish) and didn't look too hard. I may have it wrong. The alignment from the hawse to the spool looked ok. Hmm. Out of town til Monday so will re-look at it.

V

vwprostock

Apr 15, 2016
Flower Mound, TX
I was in a hurry (ish) and didn't look too hard. I may have it wrong. The alignment from the hawse to the spool looked ok. Hmm. Out of town til Monday so will re-look at it.

Just relooked at the pic. I see what you are saying. I was thinking I wanted the engage/disengage end near the same side as the remote, and driver side (thinking getting in and out). Maybe I am crazy.....but that was my short thought process. Ropes not on it yet either....was waiting to decide on battery set-up first. Have decided to mount another battery up front under the hood with a Bloe sea add a battery. All of that arrived while I am gone, so when I get home, build a battery bracket and get to wiring!

Reactions: hurld and Tflynn
V

vwprostock

Apr 15, 2016
Flower Mound, TX
Lots of progress and updates.

Added the MTX soundbar to the top bar, fabbing up a compressor kit with 1/2 gal tank under the seat but it got back burnered for now, want to drive this thing this weekend and test it out at Red River Riding Trails!

Decided on a second battery under the hood. Put a Duracell deep cycle after alot of conversation with an old guy at Batteries Plus. HE wasn't fond of using the Odyssey since its far from a deep cycle and said they don't like being run way down. The Duracell was AGM and half the price. Didn't care for the tab type terminals so I put two bolts through them with flange nuts for more surface area. Fabbed up an aluminum bracket for it. May make a steel one later, but we shall see. Wiring isn't fully bundled up but enough for testing last night.

Soundbar turns on, winch goes "whiiirrr" in n out, (need to add the rope with a kong today), Amazon bargain curved 32" LED seems to light up the entire neighborhood, interior led light strip under the big LED works perfect to light up the dash. So far so good!

I have the blue sea add a battery kit, just need to run the wire from the stock battery to the front, and I should be pretty set.

Last item is a chainsaw mount/holder. Thinking I will get two of three big cutting boards and make my own.

Pioneer

V

vwprostock

Apr 15, 2016
Flower Mound, TX
And does anyone know why they say unleaded fuel only? This isn't a feedback injection system with an oxygen sensor. Just curious because I run a mix of leaded fuel in most of my small four strokes for valve life and don't care to have a third recipe including juniors two stroke KTM fuel.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Where do you find leaded fuel? Or are you adding it?

V

vwprostock

Apr 15, 2016
Flower Mound, TX
I buy it in 5 gal metal cans from one of my distributors. 98 octane leaded. My 15' Beta in the top pic likes a tad more than pump gas and I mix it with non ethanol gas I get two counties north of me. No non ethanol here in the 7 or so metro counties around Dallas/Ft Worth.

So my regular cans have non ethanol to start with and then roughly 1 gallon of leaded mixed with 4 gallons non ethanol. The beta gets more like 50/50 mix. Stuff lives, starts, stores, and runs with that mix and I have zero issues.

I did make my saw holder tonight and "I think" it came out pretty good. Doesn't stick out wider than the roll bar, dump bed still works fully, doesn't impeded tailgate use, etc. ITs actually a cutting board, some home depot nylon spacers, and hardware. Thats it. Time will tell if its strong enough. I am slightly worried about the small bolts that hold the roll bar clamps together....they are amazon specials and the actual metal is mega beefy, but the through bolts are 5mm allen head. I used two clamps since I had them, but may add one or two. One more should be super sturdy.

100MEDIAIMAG40481 100MEDIAIMAG40511 IMAG4052

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
"Last item is a chainsaw mount/holder"

I had to grin when I read that. I bet it ain't the LAST.

Reactions: joeymt33 and Tflynn
V

vwprostock

Apr 15, 2016
Flower Mound, TX
"Last item is a chainsaw mount/holder"

I had to grin when I read that. I bet it ain't the LAST.
Oh no doubt. I should have clarified....I have to work today and tomorrow evening and trying to go play on the pioneer Sunday, so trying to button the "first round" of stuff up so I can go test it out a bit up on the Red River.

Still need/want- side and rear LED's, have some, pulled wire for them, but I don't like them. Want flatter/thinner ones, so not finishing those yet.
Going to add satellite radio. Too much worry about phones or MP3 players and figure thats too easy to have 150+ channels. I am not a partier, but love my tunes wherever I am.
May add a holder on the saw mount for qt of bar oil and quart of fuel.
Have the hose and unions to extend the fuel tank breather and fan breather, but also not planning on getting water that high....not planning...
Probably I will add the front rack of some sort. Been used to having my milk crate on the front of a Kubota, and need more storage.

I plan to use this to build enduro/cross country motorcycle courses along with normal outdoor duties.

V

vwprostock

Apr 15, 2016
Flower Mound, TX
Where do you go with the 700-4 ? I'm in NTX and I need to get my 700-2 out for some riding time

Haven't had it out yet but by far the best is Red Rivier Motorcycle Trails. 2900 acres. Side by sides are the largest thing allowed...no jeeps, no dune buggies.

Trails area mix of wide gravel road, to a ton of semi plowed, just wide enough for a SXS, to single track. Non members can go when they are "open", members can go anytime with a reservation (they text you the gate code). If you don't have a RV, membership doesn't give ya much unless you can ride during the week, then its worth it. $125 a year. They also have a shower/bath house that only members use. They recently built two cabins that are nice, stick built, not modulars, that members can rent.

DSC01527 DSC01519 DSC01517 DSC01513

Reactions: BubbaDale
V

vwprostock

Apr 15, 2016
Flower Mound, TX
Haven't had it out yet but by far the best is Red Rivier Motorcycle Trails. 2900 acres. Side by sides are the largest thing allowed...no jeeps, no dune buggies.

Trails area mix of wide gravel road, to a ton of semi plowed, just wide enough for a SXS, to single track. Non members can go when they are "open", members can go anytime with a reservation (they text you the gate code). If you don't have a RV, membership doesn't give ya much unless you can ride during the week, then its worth it. $125 a year. They also have a shower/bath house that only members use. They recently built two cabins that are nice, stick built, not modulars, that members can rent.

View attachment 14922 View attachment 14923 View attachment 14924 View attachment 14925

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!