P700m2 P700-2 Review

T

tractordr

Jan 1, 2014
Well I finally got to run my p2 thru the paces last weekend in the Appallachian mtns of north-central PA and overall I'm happy with the pioneer. Power was more than adequate for me. I'm 225 and my brother is 275 and it hauled us up a long steep mtn hill effortlessly. The engine breaking was great and handling was predictable though it went away somewhat on the gravel roads. I do wish it had a 4th gear, it revs fairly high at 30 mph and I feel the engine could easily handle another gear but overall I don't need much more than 35 - 40 mph tops so it's really a nonissue for me. The ride was smooth but could get choppy in some trails with washouts of larger fist sized rocks. My rancher would've ridden better over that stuff and opted to use it on occasion when venturing in that territory over the weekend. The seats were surprisingly comfortable and that was a major concern for me but has since been completely eliminated. If I had my druthers id pivot them back some so you're not so sitting so straight up and down and your lower back absorbs the bumps.

Overall I'm very happy with my purchase and do not have regrets buying the p2 vs the p4. This machine is well built and is impressive for the money. TD

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Thanks for sharing your experiences and congrats on your new Pioneer.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Glad to officially have u as part of the club. I'm supper glad you like it. It will last you a lifetime for sure.

B

BeechGrovePioneer

May 29, 2015
Well I finally got to run my p2 thru the paces last weekend in the Appallachian mtns of north-central PA and overall I'm happy with the pioneer. Power was more than adequate for me. I'm 225 and my brother is 275 and it hauled us up a long steep mtn hill effortlessly. The engine breaking was great and handling was predictable though it went away somewhat on the gravel roads. I do wish it had a 4th gear, it revs fairly high at 30 mph and I feel the engine could easily handle another gear but overall I don't need much more than 35 - 40 mph tops so it's really a nonissue for me. The ride was smooth but could get choppy in some trails with washouts of larger fist sized rocks. My rancher would've ridden better over that stuff and opted to use it on occasion when venturing in that territory over the weekend. The seats were surprisingly comfortable and that was a major concern for me but has since been completely eliminated. If I had my druthers id pivot them back some so you're not so sitting so straight up and down and your lower back absorbs the bumps.

Overall I'm very happy with my purchase and do not have regrets buying the p2 vs the p4. This machine is well built and is impressive for the money. TD

Congrats on your purchase. I just got my P2 in early June and I love it. Where in north central PA did you ride?

Reactions: bobbyhill

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!